2000 Chevy Blazer Transmission

My daughter drives my old 2000 Chevy Blazer with a reconditioned transmission I paid for in Aug 2010. The new (rebuilt) transmission is now slipping. Could this be as simple as a fuse (electrical signal issue) or not having enough transmission fluid?

Yes.

Check the transmission fluid level. Low transmission fluid level can cause slipping.

Tester

How many miles on rebuild? It slips in all gears? Or just a few? 3-4 clutches are weak on those trans.

I think around 60000 miles on the rebuild. I don’t think it is slipping in all gears. Just a few, not all the time.

This is why some people walk away from a car once the transmission fails. Rebuilds are only as good as the skills of the rebuilder. 4 years and 60,000 miles is actually not terribly bad for a rebuilt unit. Especially a complex unit like that one with known weak points.

@transman618 used to recommend using Berryman’s B12 Chemtool in a dying transmission. I’ve used it and it really works. Hard to believe but it really does. Just add 1 can to your transmission.

to Busted knuckles: yes…but on the advice of the car talk discussion at the time, instead of trading it in, I paid for the rebuild. My daughter’s car died shortly after that so I gave her the Blazer and bought a new (used) Honda CRV with no trade-in. She’s had it maybe three years…so I saved myself having to get another car for her at the time.
to Missileman - I passed on the info to my daughter. Thanks!

It could be a clogged transmission filter also, try a fluid and filter change first.