1999 dodge stratus fuel gauge works from Half to Full

1999 Dodge stratus fuel gauge works form Half to Full. Fuel pump replaced and mechanic thinks the BCM is bad. Need some help in figuring out the issue. Fuel gauge was checked and it gives the correct voltage.

Was the fuel level sender (inside the tank with the pump) changed when the pump was changed? Why was the pump replaced? Did the pump fail or just the fuel gauge?

If the finger points at the BCM, I would try and find a used one (salvage yard) to test that theory…

The mechanci replaced the fuel pump and filter since I broke down 2x. The car would stall out in mid stream. It was determined the fuel pump was bad. When he hooked everything back up the gauge showed half a tank. I only had 2 gallons in the tank. He tested the gauge and said the gauge is fine. I was told to take it to the dealer to test the bcm. It would cost 98 dollars. The part at the dealer is 500.00 . I was looking for a salvage one but a little confused . The bcm has one with power locks and one with autoshift. I am not sure what one I need. Do you think a salvage one would be fine?

Probably not…They are very specific, model to model, car to car…You need one for a car EXACTLY like yours…

Buy a '78 Malibu, have it restored bumper to bumper and drive it FOREVER…Get off the automotive Merry-Go-Round…