1998 Honda Accord that turns over but won't start

My 1998 Honda Accord has 150,000 miles on it. 4 weeks ago it failed to start before work. Later that afternoon it started just fine. 3 weeks later it failed to start again before work. Later on that day it started just fine. I took it to a mechanic where it of course started right up the next morning. He changed the spark plugs but didn’t really know what was wrong. Today it again did not start in the morning but did in the afternoon. The battery and alternator seem to be running perfectly, as the electronics are not affected at all. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing my vehicle to not start from time to time?

I would replace the plug wires if they have not been replaced in the last year or so. However, I doubt if that is it. Buy a spare plug and next time it fails to start, pull a plug wire (pull on the socket not the wire) and put the new plug on it. Holding the threads of the plug tightly to the engine block have someone try to start the car. You should get a nice bright blue spark. If not then you likely have found the problem. If you found yourself suddenly sitting on the ground next to your car, you will know you should have been holding that plug with a very well insulated too.