1996 Ford Ranger problem

We’ve done a rebuild on the front of a 1996 Ford Ranger but in the process we destroyed the passenger side abs. We want to disable the abs until we can replace it so we don’t get abs on one side and not on the other. Best/easiest way?

If you caused the ABS to stop working on one side, the ABS isn’t going to work at all.

But ABS light will be on telling you the ABS is no longer working.

Tester

@lordshell Is this Ranger 4x4 . . . ?

Unless this Ranger is 4x4, I believe it has rear abs, which means one wheel speed sensor in the rear diff

If it’s not 4x4, can you explain just what was damaged?

In any case, even if it is 4x4, can you explain what was damaged?

“We want to disable the abs until we can replace it so we don’t get abs on one side and not on the other.” ABS doesn’t work that way. It’s all or nothing. You could pull the ABS fuse to disable the system, but it will turn itself off if a sensor is disconnected. The ABS light will be on no matter what you do unless you pull the warning light bulb.

I presume that while working on the front end , you broke the Wheel Speed Sensor.

The most expensive one listed for this vehicle that I could find on-line…through Advanced Auto is $101. Why not just replace the sensor and be done with it.

You will not be the first person to damage the sensor, trying to remove it from the knuckle.

Yosemite