1995 Chevrolet Lumina speedometer pulses with the turn signal

I have a 1995 Chevrolet Lumina with about 175,000 miles on it. I’ve noticed in the past few months that the lights seem a bit dimmer, and the turn signal doesn’t always work for the rear blinkers. It blinks rapidly in the front, but after a nudge to the turn signal, it slows down and begins to work in the back. Within the past couple of weeks, when the turn signal is on, it causes the speedometer indicator to pulse with the signal. Any suggestions on what’s wrong?

I took it in for the low lights and the signalling issue, and they said it might be the battery since it wasn’t giving at a full charge. That was replaced, and the issues were still there. After that they said it would be an issue of getting into the steering column which would be a couple hundred dollars just to try and find the problem, but they couldn’t guarantee that would actually find the problem.

If you can change the way the turn signals work by jiggling the handle, then the first thing to do is replace turn signal switch. You wont know if it’ll fix the other until it’s replaced.