1995 Buick Park Avenue - Looking for a restoration company

Maybe you need to consider other replacements, like a Toyota Avalon or a Lexus ES300. I take it you’re wanting something with a smooth ride and good room.

1 Like

You can try FantomWorks in Norfolk, Va. They’ll restore anything, but be prepared to spend roughly five times the value of the car.

2 Likes

Have you used sites like cars.com and autotrader.com to search in your area? I found what looks to be a pretty clean 2005 within 100 miles of the NYC area:
Used 2005 Buick Park Avenue for sale in GILBERTSVILLE, PA 19525: Sedan Details - 627603711 - Autotrader

And it’ll take many months. That’s probably why regular body shops don’t want to touch this, once they start working on it they’ll be finding lots of things to fix, that’ll take a long time, that costs them a LOT of money.

They find things and then ask the owner what to do. A shop like FantomWorks is a good place to start. They understand that not all restoration work makes financial sense and can help the OP sort through the decision. I’m sure there are shops closer to DC. I live north of DC and it’s a 4.5 hour drive to Norfolk.

Yep, Fantomworks was my favorite car show, they were realistic both with the time and money required to get a car restored. It was amazing how much some folks would spend, tens of thousands on a non-collectable car that had emotional attachments.

If that’s the case here, then sure, go for it. But if it’s more a matter of getting a daily driver back on the road, it’d probably be better to replace it instead.

Thank you. I just tried calling them. Unfortunately they only work on cars 1973 and older. They did refer me to another place. Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. It’s for sentimental reasons only. Otherwise I would get rid of it.

Take some pictures of it and get rid of it. it is not worth fixing it up for what it will cost to do so. you will always have the memories.

I’m located in the same general area, have restored several cars so some suggestions:

1 You don’t want to do a “restoration” on a car that age and if you need to, the cost will knock your socks off.

1. Take it to a good reputable mechanic and spent the $100 or so to look at it and tell you what you need to do make it a “runner”. i.e. Safe and basically reliable.

2. Evaluate the interior yourself and first go online to find suppliers of OEM appearance replacement parts. Seatcovers, carpet, trim, etc.

3. Find a body shop, as far from the high cost metro area you can get, for an estimate, to do the body and repair work letting them know that you’re NOT looking at show car or restoration, just something to drive around in.

The end result would be what I call a “Ten Footer” …Drives and runs OK and looks pretty good from 10’ away but it’s not going to win any points…

Then gather all your projected cost estimates, add 20%, double or triple your estimated completion time, accept that you’ll never get out what you’ll put into it and make your decision.

2 Likes

Different terminology different parts of the country around here a RUNNER is a car built to haul MOONSHINE.

1 Like

Why would anyone haul moonshine anymore since alcohol has been legal since 1931?

No one does any more that I know of I was just commenting on the different terminology from the different parts o the country.

Gotcha!!!

1 Like

If you live near Columbia, I can recommend a shop that does good work at a good price. My daughter and her in laws are long time customers. The cost is low for the area. I also know a body shop in Randallstown that does very good work. My auto insurer uses them.