1994 Pontiac TransPort

I have a 1994 transPort with 205000 miles. I realize we’re living on borrowed time with this thing, but after having a new tranny put in in October, we’re not in a fiscal position to replace it just yet.

From time to time it’ll stall. Put it in neutral, re-start it, end of story, go on your merry way. The check engine soon light has been on for years and we though it was the tranny, but after the new tranny, light’s still on.

The other day mu husband is on his way to the store. The van stalls out pulling into the lot so he parks it. Goes back out, it won’t start.

We have replaced the relay to the fuel filter and the fuel filter itself and still nothing. It’s getting a charge and rolling over but so far, we can’t hear the pump coming on. Someone suggested oxygen sensor…any ideas??

It’s a 1994 pontiac Transport 3.8. I’d hate to take it to a mechanic because we’d have to tow it there. It’s a diagnostic issue at this point, whatever it is we can fix it. Going to call service mgr at local Pontiac dealership and see what happens.

Please help!!!