1964 Chevrolet C10 Pickup

Yelbis, apparently this thread is still up and running. If you are still reading this thread, go to a local car show and try to find an old fashion Wolf Whistle. They run off manifold vacuum and are awesome. It would fit your truck perfectly!

Thanks for the tip. I suspect there is an ‘old car show’ going on locally at the moment. I have seen some vintage cars in extremely good condition (showroom fresh) rolling around here lately. I’ll check the ‘events calendar’ and see what’s what. Thanks for the tip!!

Hi, Yelbis…just read your posts from last year and discovered almost the same issue on my '64 C/10. The only thing affected by the defective horn relay was my headlights. They just wouldn’t come on, although the truck started and ran fine, as well as all other electrical components unaffected. I probably caused the problem myself when I was dork’n around with the horn repair and kept tripping the relay repeatedly.

About that engine in your truck, that’s the stock 230 cu. in…not a 235, as you suggested. The last year for the 235 was in '62, then GM came out in '63 with a whole new family of inline 6-cyl engines that were a huge improvement over the 235. The new-generation engines had 7 main bearings, as opposed to the lackluster 4 mains in the 235. Additionally, they all came with nice quiet hydraulic valve lifters, as opposed to the clickety-clackety noisy solid lifters in the 235. The only hydraulic lifters offered in those 235 engines were in passenger car version. Most of the trucks had the solid lifter version.