07 Sentra cd player won't work

I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra. The cd player has stopped working. When I put in a cd it says Read Error. I’ve tried several cd’s with the same result. I’ve noticed that within the past week when playing cd’s some of the tracks would skip. Now they don’t play at all. I tried the same cd’s in my other vehicle and they work fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated. The radio/cd player is factory.

It’s likely that the problem is dust or dirt buildup on the lens of the player. Try one of the cleaning accessories made for this purpose. On my computer CD/DVD drive, I can just clean it with a cotton swab as it’s easy to access.

My cd player died on my 99 Camry after about 5 years. I replaced it with a aftermarket CD player. It also has an AUX plug. Now I can plug in the phone and use it as a music player. It’s a heck of a lot better than CD’s. Now I have hundreds of songs at the touch of a button.

Good posts above. Yes, this is likely a lens problem. Might be fixable. I wouldn’t bother though, why deal with CDs? The mp3 player alternative is the way to go, especially in cars. No skips when hitting potholes, no problems with mechanical or optical parts getting covered in car gunk. You can rip your existing CD’s and copy them to your mp3 player. I prefer the version where you plug a usb memory stick into a dash player (usually is part of an am/fm radio) and the mp3 player just plays the mp3 files on the memory stick. No need for a phone or separate mp3 player.

When the CD player in my car went bad, I went looking for aftermarket and found Bluetooth stereo units. The one I bought includes an aux plug and USB socket.

Well, I tried cleaning it with a can of compressed air. The cd slot was too narrow to get a cotton swab in. I also tried a lens cleaner disc, but it had the same read error message and wouldn’t play. Unless anybody has any further repair suggestions, I guess I could join the 21st century and go the digital route. The unit does have an AUX hole to plug an mp3 player into. I have a lot of cd’s though, so it’s going to be pretty time consuming to rip them.

I’d go to the crutchfield.com site, see what looks good for your car. You can get all the adapters needed, and they’ll also supply complete instructions for replacing your old unit. Worked for me.

@bucksone‌ …" I also tried a lens cleaner disc, but it had the same read error message and wouldn’t play."

Need a little clarification here. Do you mean 1) the lens cleaner CD had the same read error message,

or,

1. an audio CD you tried after the lens cleaner produced the same read error message.

If 1) retry an audio CD
if 2) A replacement unit is probably indicated. I have no firsthand knowledge, but everyone here who bought a replacement unit from crutchfield.com seems more than happy with both the product and the company.

Ripping a CD on a reasonably new computer takes surprisingly little time.

Need a little clarification here. Do you mean 1) the lens cleaner CD had the same read error message,

or,

1. an audio CD you tried after the lens cleaner produced the same read error message.

When I put in the lens cleaner cd I got the same read error message.

I’m with Texases. Just get a new unit and an adapter to install it and get on with life.