07 crv vibration issue

I bought a CRV a few months ago. Of course when I test drove there were no issues. Now when I drive there is vibration like running cow grates at about 40-44mph. I came across a
post about this problem but with no solution
and it’s now closed. Has there been a solution??? It’s quite annoying!!! I read some place
else it’s in the drive line. But again no solution. It quits of you accelerate or decelerate. You
have to be going at a perfectly steady speed. Italso seems to slip or change gears,
something, just not a smooth drive at other times. Is this the transmission??? Occasionally
it smells really bad after I turn car off too.

A vibration such as you describe, at the speed that you noted, is frequently the result of a problem with the torque converter lock-up mechanism in the transmission. If the trans fluid wasn’t changed at least twice so far in this vehicle’s life, that it a possible explanation for the problem.

All cars need to have their trans fluid and filter changed every 3 yrs or 30k miles (whichever comes first), but this may be especially important with Hondas, in view of their history of transmission problems.

Since Honda transmissions require a unique fluid, I would suggest going to either a Honda dealership or to an independent trans shop that has been in business for at least 3 years.

Don’t let anyone tell you that adding some sort of additive to generic trans fluid is okay, because it isn’t. Hondas require genuine Honda trans fluid.

Whatever you do, do NOT take the car to a chain-run operation like Lee Myles, Cottman, Mr. Transmission, or <> AAMCO.

@VDCdriver

One of my colleagues listens to the same radio station every day. He really cranks up the volume, so everybody can hear it, whether they want to or not

Anyways, AAMCO is apparently one of the major sponsors, because every few minutes, the commentator is promoting them

:grimace: