Name Tommy's 1979 Fiat

She needs a name with a little positive reinforcement, how about, Shirley

79 Fiat ?

How about Rusty ?

Fix-It-Again-Tommy

Italian Stallion?

Fix-It-Again-Tommy

That’s it.

I had a '76. You can’t print what I called it many times, but “Money Pit” seems to work for me now. Rusty is another good one. Hope you didn’t spend much for it boys . . . 'cause you’re gonna. Rocketman

LOL, I almost bought a new one of those in about 81. They were cute, but I did get it a little sideways during the test drive. Fun to drive, but I never could get used to driving front engine sports cars. My GF liked a BMW better, so that’s what we (she) ended up buying.

This car definitely needs a female name.

How about Rolls-Canardly? Because, being that it is Fiat, it rolls down one hill, and it can 'ardly get up the next one!

Yes, I know that this sounds British, but my Italian fluency is insufficient to come up with an equivalent in that language.

I suggest Sophie, as in Sophia Loren. It’s sexy, Italian, and maybe has a few miles under her belt.

We got it!!!

Fix It Again, Money Bags Tommy

Fix it Again; I need another boat payment; Tommy.

Someone with better Italian than ours could come up with a nice Italian name using those initals.

Mr. Hooper

…because Mr. Hooper also spent a lot of time in the shop. My uncle had one of these back in 81-82 and it was a piece of junk then!

Elan (pronounced: ee-lawn)

How about Tony as in , “Fix it again Tony”.

Supersonic; that’s an adequate misnomer.

Cute White Car :slight_smile:

I have a '69 spyder and it has a 5 speed trans, 4 wheel power disk brakes, dual overhead cams, steering collum mounted controls for the headlights and wipers -intermittent no less- and alloy wheels all from the factory. When was the first time an American made car could boast all of those features? With only 1249 cc, it has plenty of pep and is a joy to drive. Everyone who want’s to bad mouth Fiats can kiss my rear fender, as soon as I can get it running.
I agree with SOPHIA a sleek Italian beauty…

Correction 1438 cc.

I’d call Tommy’s 1979 Fiat, “FIONA” … because as opposed to how we tawk here in Wis-kon-sin, Tommy talks about being a “kah owna” … (we would say KAR OWN-ER) So, having a one-owner Fiat, would make Tommy’s car “Fiona” … okay, okay … so that’s really stretching it, isn’t it?!

Tony.

Since FIAT is short for “Fix it again, Tony”, the lovely little Fiat roadster should be named “Tow-bee” for its time on the rolling hook.

Cadillacjeff