Ford Explorer Transmission

Thanks for your response Jagree142 and Transman618. The rough shifting is usually downshift, second to first. Upshifting is about the same. For the brief time that the o/d light was not flashing, the shifting was smoother.

I just got in from getting the vehicle from the shop and once again the o/d light started flashing before I got it to the house about 50 miles from the shop.

Here are the notes that were made by the people at the transmission shop. “hooked up hand held scan tool, monitored signals from TPS, VSS, and A & B solenoids. Checked for and cleared codes. Test drove, vehicle had several engines codes and 1 transmission code. Codes Found 172 EGO, 176 EGO and 647-incorrect 3rd gear ratio.” Here is what they tried on the vedicle–hooked up a line pressure guage and checked pressure–135-140 psi in drive, which was good. Removed pan and checked for condition in pan,it was very clean. Adjusted the EPC solenoid up by about 10PSI and installed new pan gasket and filled with fluid. Rechecked PSI line. Installed an extra grounding strip from the transmission to the frame. Test drove with scanner and vehicle did not reset code. I was told that they had also put a new wiring harness on the trans as well.

There is no slipping in the transmission so I would assume there it is a false code. The vehicle does not run as smoothly with the o/d light flashing. Again, I assume that the computer and the transmission are out of sync because of the false code.