OK, so I'm trying to track down this cooling fan problem. When I turn the a/c on, only the passenger side fan comes on.(People assure me the driver's fan is supposed to come on to. Can somebody confirm this is true? I have a 96' Honda accord LX)
Here's what I've done so far:
1. Direct power to cooling fan(driver's side) works
2. Swapped relays(both turn on a/c clutch)
3. Tested relay wires with test light(Bright as battery, 12v I assume)
4. Tested thermostat sensor A/B. The one behind the engine is so dim I thought it wasn't getting any power and the thermostat in front of the engine(top radiator hose. Green bulbous connector) was dim yet slightly brighter.
5. Tested the wire that runs from atop the compressor to the fan with test light. Looks like it's receiving no volts.(but I'll double-check)
Where do I go from here? Pictured is my multimeter that I'm not 100% confident I'm using right.(I tested the battery and got 12 volts)
*Also, there was some green corrosion on both the brass pieces of the thermostats. Does that mean the wire before the connector is the culprit?