You might want to hold-off

I remember reading about some cars from India and China trying to make it in the US a few years ago. It was probably a decade or more and I have heard very little since so guess it didn’t happen.

I remember one was to be sold at Wal-Mart and that was going to be the dealer network. Again, it was some super cheap car from China or India. It is probably best this didn’t happen.

1 Like

The Buick Envision, which is sold in The US, is made in China:

Additionally, the Volvo S90 sedans sold in The US are manufactured in China:

I was aware of this. I think even some Mercedes might be made in China.

I was talking about basically cars that would make the Mitsubishi Mirage I own look like a well-made luxury car. I think maybe getting them to meet US crash standards, emissions, or both was the dealbreaker for these.

1 Like

Well, Ev cars don’t have to deal with emissions. Which is nice.

Seriously?? “These Asians make that so those Asians can make this.”

Reminds me of the very apt and pointed joke about the Titanic and the punchline “Iceberg / Goldberg, what’s the difference??”

1 Like

Wifey bought a Prius so I guess I’m not adverse to ev tech. It’s gone now so there is that. I have no plans of buying a new ev. A used ev seems fraught with danger.

I was in Europe 10 years ago Spent 5 days in Switzerland, 5 In the Irish Republic and 2 in Paris. Flew into France, high speed train to Switzerland flew to Ireland and back to Paris. Three of us and nobody took our passports.

Perhaps you went to Europe 20 years ago. Hitels don’t keep your passport anymore. They just scan it.

1 Like