Wireless headphones from a 2005 Malibu Maxx...what other vehicles will they work with?

When my wife bought her Malibu Maxx in 2005, it came with two pairs of wireless headphones for rear seat passengers. The car (sadly for my wife, not so much for me) has passed on to the great dealer’s back-lot in the sky, but the headphones are still in our hall closet in the factory wrapping. I was going to toss them, but if someone else can use 'em, I’d gladly give them away. But, the problem is I don’t know what other vehicles they’d work with. There aren’t a lot of '05 Malibus, let alone Maxxes, on the road in these parts, but I’m sure being GM, they’re compatible with other makes & models. However, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of consistent information on that on the interwebs.

Are they just blue-tooth? If so they probably can be paired with any other blue-tooth capable device.

Mike, definitely not Bluetooth; I don’t think Chevy was putting anything that high tech into Malibu’s in '05. I believe they’re IR (infrared).

Most likely the part number on yours is 25795363. (Is that number on the headphones or the packaging anywhere?) If so, I did find one nice list on the JEGS web site by putting in that part number and then clicking on “Click to see All”.

@cvkealey
Why Not Give Them To The Dealer With A Back-Lot Malibu Or Some Other Dealer With One?
CSA

@"common sense answer"
Hrm…that would seem like common sense, wouldn’t it. Except that the dealer would probably just throw 'em away. I’d rather get them to someone who can use them.

If the headphones are still wrapped you might just give them to something like Goodwill .Who knows they could actually end where they need to .

According to Rock Auto they can be used in:
CHEVROLET EQUINOX 2007-2009
CHEVROLET MALIBU 2004-2007
CHEVROLET SSR 2003
CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER 2002-2008
GMC ENVOY 2002-2008
ISUZU ASCENDER 2003
OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA 2002-2003
PONTIAC TORRENT 2007-2009
SAAB 9-7X 2005-2008
SATURN AURA 2007-2009

They’re $89, so you might get something on Craigslist.

Do you still have those headphones? I’m interested in them. Just bought a 2006 Maxx and I couldn’t figure out what those LEDs in the back seat DVD player are for. Turns out they’re some kind of infrared transmitters for headphones!

Billy, you might want to actually “Reply” to the OP to increase the chance of him getting an e-mail.

@cvkealey check the post two above this one. :slight_smile:

99% of wireless headphones for cars are universal. You can buy new ones for around $20 on the internet.