Wiper problems

I have a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. Recently the wipers became ineffective. They miss bands and also the point where the right blade stops is right in my line of site and it leaves a line.

I have replace the wiper blades with increasingly expensive models but have had only marginal improvement. I have also bent the wiper arm slightly on the recommendation of the local auto supply technician.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem.

don’t understand “miss bands”. Could you state your problem clearly? Do the wipers sweep the correct area?

see http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/824009.page for comments on a similar problem.

If you are in an area where there are freezing temperatures that could be a part of your problem. However having replaced them, should have at least temporally improved things. How did you bend them? The only way you should need to bend them is to get the blade perpendicular to the glass. Where they stop is usually a factor of how the arms were put on the post. Sometimes they slip if they came a little loose so you might have to remove them and replace them where they belong.