Why not OGG?

According to this you support wmv, avi, mp3… but no Ogg theora / Ogg vorbis? Why not?
http://community.cartalk.com/vanilla/uploadhelp

Ogg vorbis is supported natively by most every browser on the planet that’s not IE or Safari, and I’m curious why you support wmv, for example, but no Ogg?

I’m not afraid to admit that I don’t know what the heck this is but I kinda recognize avi and mp3. I’d love to be educated on it though.

I’ve been involved with computers for over 30 years and I’ve seen untold thousands of digital multimedia files and ogg is not one of them. It’s probably like a matroska video file. No one likes or uses it very much. Ogg originated with xiph.org and has been fighting with Microsoft for over a decade to get a foothold in the computer market. It’s a very small fish in a very large ocean. I use Firefox on a regular basis and have never seen an ogg file and probably never will.

Good morning. I passed on your question to find out whether there’s any particular reason why not, though I, like @missileman, don’t run across ogg files much. I hope you’re able to find another format you’re able to work with in the meantime.