Who's the Ugliest of Them All?

The modern reincarnations of the Fiat Multipla.

It was a cool but quirky car in the 60s but the new designs totally jumped the shark:
The 2011 model:

I guess it at least looks similar to the classic multipla except that it has been hit with a bunch of ugly sticks.

You’d imagine they ran out of ugly sticks in 2011 - you’d be wrong:

What’d I win??

The Nissan Juke.
If you ever see a green one, you will more then likely have the same thought that I did, which was "When did the giant Mutant Alien Space Frogs Attack?"
My second, and more urgent thought was; “KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!”

@Remco
Nice!
No question, you win the prize! The Fiat isn’t too terrible, but the other one…what were they thinking? Looking at it is painful!

Oh, for a prize, you win a Cube. ;~)

My ugly list is as follows: Acura zdx, mini coupe, Volvo xc60, Suzuki sx4, Nissan murano and murano cabriolet, Nissan nv commercial van and Toyota matrix. Do those weird Nissan taxi cabs I see in Chicago count because they are freakishly ugly too.

Definitely the Kia Soul in that awful vomit-green.

The title of the ugliest car has to go to the Nissan Juke. It is the modern version of the Pontiac Aztek.

I’ll cast my vote for the Lincoln MKX. Isn’t it amazing that someone would pay so much money for so much ugly?

Of course, if you are looking for ugly on a budget, you can’t beat Nissan Cube. It has the highest EPA Ugly Rating of any car on the market today. Congrats Datsun…err…Nissan for another job well done.

Titan, if pickups count. Otherwise, Element.

To me, the Nissan Juke is far uglier than the other suggestions that I have seen here so far.

I had seen a truly ugly car that rivaled the Pontiac Aztec, and even surpassed it - but I couldn’t put a make and model to it. I saw the pics of the Juke by Nissan posted and I knew; that’s it! An amazingly ugly car.

This thread started when the Clampets nominated the Honda CrossTour as the most ugly. It is hard to believe Honda took all their current styling cues and came up with such a monster. Everything is out of proportion, so it all comes unglued rather than together.

The Juke started as a new design. The CrossTour took a good looking Honda Accord and found a way to make it look absurd. Seems Honda should get special ugly points for making the good ugly.

Let’s see how the Kia Soul and Nissan Juke age. I remember when the 1957 Chrysler line hit the showrooms (Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler and Imperial). Almost everyone was remarking how stylish these cars were. In fact, General Motors decided to imitate Chrysler and came out with the 1959 cars that were, in my opinion, even worse. The 1959 Cadillac was particularly gross. The vehicle that many people thought were ugly back then were the Willys Overland (Jeep Station Wagon) that was introduced in 1946. I guess I was different–I liked the looks of the Jeep Station Wagon. Now, more than 55 years later, I ask the question: “Which design wore better over time?” Perhaps in 20 or more years, the Nissan Juke and the Kia Soul will have survived the time test better than some of the cars that are right now considered more stylish.

“Now, more than 55 years later, I ask the question: Which design wore better over time?”

Answer:
None of the above!
The car designs that fared the best were Studebaker and Ford, simply because they avoided the styling excesses of both GM and Chrysler.

I was limiting the consideration to the Jeep Station Wagon vs the 1957 Chrysler Products and the 1959 GM products.
However, I agree with you about the Studebakers and the 1957 and 1959 Fords. However, I would omit the 1958 Fords. Ford ruined, IMHO what had been a good design in 1957.

I’d nominate the 2-door version of the Toyota Yaris as the ugliest car being sold today. It’s so homely, if you look up “homely” in the dictionary, I expect you’d see a photo of it there!

Surprisingly, the 4-door version of the Yaris has nice lines and it reasonably attractive. If you are going to buy a Yaris, definitely buy the 4 door version.

Included in this list of ugly nominations, as runner’s-up, I’d include all cars with anything that looks like it is tacked on, including all cars w/spoilers and all Mercedes and Jaguars that have the tack-on hood ornament that pokes up so the driver can see it. Folks, if you care gonna buy a Mercedes, buy a model with the Mercedes emblem embedded into the hood; avoid at all costs a car w/a poke-up hood emblem.

Include in this list cars that look like they were designed by James Bond fans. Those Ford Mustang Boss’s? Definitely in the list of runner-up Uglies!

GMC Terrain.

Chevy Spark. After long enough, the Soul, Juke, and 500 all grew on me. I don’t think I will ever like this car.

It has bigger headlights than most minivans, and the face of a mutated bulldog on a chihuahua body.

I think the current generation (2011-present) Honda Odyssey is the ugliest.

@Drkxman writes “The ugliest car in America is the BMW 550 GT”

I happened to drive by one of these today, and I must say I concur. It really is unlike BMW to come up with such an ugly duckling, as most of their cars are quite attractive styling, but the 550 GT? UGLY! It might even be ugglier than the 2 door Toyota Yaris. I’d have to see them side by side.

It’s gotta be the Nissan Juke. They misspelled the name. That ‘u’ should be an ‘o’. Or maybe the ‘j’ should be a ‘p’.
Usually, I’m a sucker for a car with suicide doors. In this case, I’ll make an exception.

NISSAN JUKE! The “headlights melted across the hood” look can’t be beaten.