Which maintenance is needed on my Honda Accord with limited driving?

I think you had the tires rotated before the maintenance minder indicated to do so. Tire rotations are not needed every few months. Since you have already rotated the tires, reset that reminder.

1 Like

It seems that it bases the services on oil changes as “main” items, while the other services are added on as “sub-items.” It shows this information if you navigate to the Maintenance Minder menu, via the dash or center console. But when you’re nearing the time for the oil change and other services, it warns you on the dash as well. I’m not getting those warnings yet, because the oil life is still at 70%.

I don’t think you really have to do anything except rotate tires and maybe the brake fluid although two years to me is a little short for little driving. The only codes I can reset on the Acura though are for oil changes so anything else has to be reset with the dealer computer. When it’s in for trans fluid changes I just tell them all the filters etc. have been done and reset the codes.

Results may vary as they say. The main reason to take it in would be for them to double check everything ie wipers, lights, etc. the whole checklist. But go on vacation. People are going nuts staying home and getting irrational.

Ok. So you went to the maintenance minder screen, but the warning indicator isn’t on. Got it.

1 Like

I didn’t get anything done early. I’ve been following the schedule based on what the Maintenance Minder calculates. Based on this, by the time I’ll need the next oil change and other services, a tire rotation will be due again. It just wasn’t clear to me initially, because the documentation wasn’t very well-written.

Just to reiterate, it’s not telling me to get service now, so I’m ok. I still have 70% oil life left, and will make sure to schedule a service when it gets to 15%, as recommended.

You are making this way too difficult . Tire rotation has nothing to do with your vehicle warranty. As for the oil percentage I think 15 % is too low for your limited driving , 25 % is what I would do . Also how hard is to take 1 hour drive every 2 or three weeks ?

1 Like

Again, thanks to everyone for your responses about my original question. The conversation has veered off a bit though, so this will be my last reply to this thread.

Again, I change mine at 50% and I know others will vehemently disagree. That’s ok, but for the $30 it costs me and the 1/2 hour, that’s what I do. That’s how I got to 520,000 miles.

1 Like

It is required every 5k miles to maintain my warranty!

1 Like

The tire rotation is for the tire warranty which is separate from the vehicle warranty .

We have the Maintenance Minder in our 2019 Odyssey. On page 644 of the owner’s manual, there is a table that describes the codes. A means change the oil. Footnote 1 explains that A will illuminate after one year, implying that you should change your oil annually. The 1 means rotate tires and 7 means change brake fluid. It will illuminate every three years if not reset.

The tire rotation every 5k on my AWD car is for powertrain warranty.

1 Like