Where should I advertise to sell my 1990 Buick Reatta?

We have a 1990 Buick Reatta convertible. 83,500 miles. All original. Truly great shape. We are older ( 75 and 80) and have had the car for years. Know this isn’t the type of questions you receive, but…we want to sell the car. While it isn’t a real collectible, it is a great car with great design. And being a Buick, drives like it did the day we bought it so many years ago. Taken great care of. Always covered and garaged. We have it on Craig’s list but need to know where it would be best to advertise it to sell.

It might be better to place a private ad in your local newspaper.

Current Values

• #1 Concours$13,100

Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is “concours.”

• #2 Excellent$9,600

• #3 Good$5,000

• #4 Fair$3,700

E-Bay will hit a much larger audience. Set a reserve so it doesn’t sell for peanuts. Beware of scammers for both Craigs List and Ebay. If you are not computer savvy, enlist a grandchild to help.

My vote is for your local newspaper. If you are within a couple hundred miles of a major city, theirs, too, if the local doesn’t pan out…

The location of this vehicle could have some effect of the sale. Also the people might not want to mess with shipping the thing to a buyer . I am wondering if there is a family member that wants this but does not know they are ready to sell. Also if there is a classic car dealer close putting this on consignment would be simple.
Actually this is a perfect day 1 Mecum Auction vehicle.

I guess I’d be more inclined to advertise in Hemmings. Hemmings goes to car folks, not people looking for stuff. Have you talked to your Buick dealer? Dealers are car people after all and are tied in to other car people.

Thank you for the advise. We used to sell a car annually. Always sold immediately. But lived in the Detroit area. Car country, but, this one we have had forever. Live in Northwest Florida. Little different.

Thank you for the advise. We live in Northeast Florida. Where the Concourse is held. Not quite that quality of a car for them.

Thank you for the advise.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. Never heard of a black book value. Just blue book.

Barrett Jackson comes to West Palm Beach Florida every spring.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/

Mecum comes to Kissimmee Florida every January;

Head to their websites and maybe call them up and ask questions. Both sell cars like yours to interested folks.

I think you are better off staying away from local newspapers and Craigslist. They won’t attract a serious buyer, just someone looking for a bargain beater. Newspapers near me don’t carry personal ads for cars anymore. On line places like autotrader, eBay, and Hemmings might work. The major auctions will sell your car to a buyer that wants to keep it in great shape, and will be willing to pay more for a top condition. If there is a reserve on your car and it isn’t met, you will pay a fee anyway, although the car might sell in negotiations after the auction.

Barrett - Jackson does allow reserve vehicles now but they really don’t want to do it that way.

You might want to join the Reatta owners division of the Buick club of America, post the question there:
http://reatta.org/