Where do I rotate tires on 2008 4WD Expedition and 2009 Camry Hybrid?

Frontires directly to back and cross rear tires placed in the front?

Thank you.

Ther are several different ways to rotate, some include using the spare in the rotation as well. I would recommend not including the spare - at least on any AWD/4WD. For the Camry, it's up to you.

Only recommendation is you always use the same pattern, and the one you listed would work fine.

Personally, I always follow the rotation pattern suggested by the vehicle manufacturer and listed in the Owner’s Manual. Didn’t your vehicles come with an Owner’s Manual?

Neveread that portion of thExpedition's owner's manual. Did not know they made such recommendations. Also I'll look in the woman's Camry owner's manual.

Thanks, VD.

Looking in the owner’s manual, yours or “the woman’s,”, is always a good idea.

That’s where the answers to most of your questions are.

Wait a minute! I know you. You drive your SUV at 100 mph, and you’ve “never read that portion of the Expedition’s owner’s manual” regarding tire rotation?

Are you crazy?

Let me rephrase that: You’re CRAZY!

What other portions of your Expedition’s owner’s manual have you never read?

No, no…that’s me flying by at 100…or close to it…lol

:slight_smile:
Chase

I read abouthe tires and PSI but not rotation.
Amazing how smooth and quiethExpedition is at 100 mph!
They setheir governor just right!

"I read about the tires and PSI but not rotation."

Really? Aren't you the same guy who runs like 45 psi in your tires for your 100+ MPH runs in your Expediton?

Yup! He is the same guy.
Scary, isn’t it?

Extremely Scary…I’m glad I live in NH…I don’t want to any where near this guy on the road…He’s a danger to everyone on the road with him.

Maybe 45 psi @ 100 mph might be safe on the track for that Expedition, but I would not bet my life on it and that is what you would be doing.   Unfortunately, someone driving that way is betting my life on it.

He OBVIOUSLY knows very little about cars…yet he thinks he’s smart enough to run his vehicle in such a way it was NOT designed to run…nor the roads on which he’s driving are designed to people driving those speeds…

Robert makes emergency runs to deliver blood, often in extreme winter weather conditions.

It doesn’t surprise me that his Expedition is smooth and quiet at 100 mph, but I wonder how it would respond if he had to take evasive action, or make some sort of emergency maneuver, at high speed.

He’s never told us whether or not he’s had any special training to drive at high speeds.

As long as he has emergency vehicle lights, and training (and uses both), I have no problems with it. I’m also the one who drives with the radio off, so I can actually hear what’s going on outside my vehicle…even though I also have the factory “upgraded” system installed.

It amazes me when I see people blocking ambulances, police, whatever emergency vehicle is trying to pass. I always think to myself…that could be MY family, friend, co-worker he’s trying to get to, or trying to get to the hospital. I’m simply not willing to slow them down if I can possibly help it.

Keep on truckin’, Robert…
Chase

Just love to go 100 mph in that Expedition, its your skin. You can’t crisscross some tires because they are directional.

In general, just move front to back and back to front and keep them on the same side of the car, or SUV.

I’m trained in emergency vehicle driving, but not high-speedriving.
On an Interstate, which is only where such speeds are attainable, when approaching traffic, I slow (coast). Even if the traffic is in the opposing direction, I slow so that if I crash and burn, it is only me.
If I cannot see thathe road surface is clean, dry and smooth, I slow before getting to it.
Can’t go fast at night because of deer and elk and objects coming into view too late to slow and avoid.

The aggressive snow tires are directional.
M&S tires are not directional, T speed rated. 44 max inflated to 42 psi
Fordealer said: "Just front to back - back to front."
2008 manual, p.242, instructs front crossed to back and back straighto front.
That is what I previously did, but forgot I read it in the owner’s manual. She’stillooking for the Camry manual.

“She’stillooking for the Camry manual.”

She doesn’t keep it in the glove compartment???

Just call a 'Yota dealer. They’ll tell you over the phone. Only problem is, you’ll have to write it down to make sure it’s not forgotten.

Still, the manual would be a good thing for her to find.

I don’trust dealers anymore. The same question brings different answers from those who supposedly know.
I suggested she remove the manuals for more room in her stuffed glove box.
Yes, I will need to write it down because I’ll confuse it with other vehicles by the time rotation is againeeded. (I have always been terribly absent-minded.)

Just as it wouldn’t make sense to keep the manual for your HD TV or your DVD recorder in the car, it also doesn’t make much sense to keep the car’s manual in the house.

Surely there is some place in the car–even in a cubbyhole in the trunk, perhaps–to store the Owner’s Manual. If she runs into a problem while on the road, what is she going to do if she needs to refer to the manual? Will she call you on the phone so that you can read it to her?

Keep the manual in the car, where it is intended to be kept.

Also–I have been given bogus information by dealerships on more than one occasion. The service “advisors”, who are the ones that you normally get on the phone when you call a service department, are frequently not skilled in anything other than data entry and trying to market extra services. Personally, I would not rely on the rotation advice given over the phone unless I was able to confirm it with the owner’s manual–and if you are going to use the manual to confirm the phone advice, there is no reason to ask for advice over the phone in the first place!