Where Are The Teslas?

Yup!
And, they are usually driving that Vette at ~10 mph under the speed limit.
:crazy_face:

I was heading to the lumber yard today and actually saw a Tesla in my little town. I couldn’t tell if they were young or old but looked bundled up. It was 20 degrees out. New car 21 day sticker on it so must be new. They were heading for the freeway so hope they made it. The nearest charging station is at least 40 miles away.

I’ve seen this picture of “porta-power” and could not resist:

:slight_smile:

I live in a tourist town 60ish miles by ferry and road from Seattle. We get loads of them on weekends from the tech areas of greater Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond . We also have the highest percentage of electric cars registered in our county of any in the state. Not an unusual sight here. Public charging stations on the main drag and at the food co-op here for example.

Last year, in total, Tesla sold 145,846 Model 3s, the company’s mid-size, four-door sedan that started production in 2017.

That easily outpaced the [111,641 units sold] by the Model 3’s closest luxury vehicle competitor, the Lexus RX

(https://finance.yahoo.com/news/toyota-motor-north-america-reports-142100277.html)

The RX is a CUV, the 3 a sedan. I don’t see how they’re competitors.

1 Like

While you’re right, we’re in the midst of a CUV/small SUV craze right now, and manufacturers are cutting sedan production to the bone because people aren’t buying them.

So for a small-to-mid-sized sedan to trounce a CUV is a fairly impressive achievement.

I went to Sam’s Wholesale today . I parked out away from the madding crowd as usual . Walking to the store I saw a vehicle I did not recognize and thought that thing is awful looking . It was a Tesla X , I could not find any side or angle that I liked.

1 Like

Good thing they are building at 238,000 per year. People will start getting delivery a lot faster. Tesla has averaged 4577/month since August.

Order now if you want the ‘cheap’ Model S or X:

I agree.
I really like the look of the Model S, and I think that the Model 3 is okay-looking–with the exception of the front fascia. But… the Model X?
Nope!
To me, it looks very ungainly and unattractive.

A Volkswagen Ford partnership?? OMG Whats next?love-2

Seems like Ford partners with everyone before they get dumped and bought up by India.

I have noticed that there seems to be a qualification to buy a new Corvette. From my observations, it appears that you must be bald.

Oops, this was a response to a post several posts up in the list but I guess I don’t know how to insert a reply in sequence.

You just highlight it like you were going to do a copy/paste and then hit “reply” and it’s right there.

Some of us grow old without going bald. Just turn grey.

1 Like

Yeah and some of us don’t go bald or grey, depending on your barber.