What's the best price for a New Honda Accord 2017

Hello Folks,

So i am planning on purchasing a brand new Honda Accord 6 cyl 2017. Is:
edmunds.com the best site to check out OR are there more? Thanks In Advance.

1 Like

The dealerships use NADA. They carefully look up in the book what a new car should be selling for, then they add $9,000 in the anticipation that you will “bargain” them down by $7,000. :wink:

1 Like

Edmunds and Truecar will give you a number to shoot for, you may not get the car at that exact number but the closer the better.

1 Like

The best price for your area is what you are willing to pay and what the seller will accept. In the meantime look at every Honda dealer website in your area and see what posted prices they have.

Edit: With all the disasters lately ( Hurricane floods and raging wildfires ) that have destroyed thousands of vehicles I seriously doubt any online vehicle buying site will be accurate.

1 Like

Gotta agree. There really is no good answer anymore. I worked for six months with two dealers on our last Acura and pretty much ended up close to what I would have paid at the start. Made me feel better but wasted a lot of time. You should have a good idea through Edmunds or Blue Book or whatever, what your trade is worth, but they’ll still discount for tires, dings, etc. When you walk away and they don’t come after you, you are too low for the market.

1 Like

make offer. if they dont follow up. its too low
offer more
or offer the new higher price at another dealer
they might bite

1 Like

One thing that may help you, or may not, is the fact that after the current dealer inventory of V6 Accords is sold there will never be another one made. The “Factory” has stopped producing them. Starting this month (of December 2017), all the new top-trim 2018 Accords are 2.0T turbocharged four-cylinder cars with less power, but equal performance. Maybe the dealers want to move those '17s before the new '18s share the lot with them, or maybe they are going to be firm on prices with the last of the V6 models knowing that people (like me) loved that car dearly and will want one before they can never buy one new again. Please let us know in follow up what you find! I hope you get a great deal and keep it a long time. My family still has an '06 Accord V6 EX-L and it is a joy.

3 Likes

18 accord had 2 turbo motors. a 1.5 and 2.0. the 2.0 has 250hp and is the same as the civic type R but is detuned. maybe it can be retuned?

@PatSmith Let me add another thought. After you do purchase a vehicle do not tell anyone what you paid because they will tell you that you paid too much even if they don’t have a clue what they are talking about.

2 Likes

Yep, the rule is no one ever gets a bad deal on a car. At least that’s what they say. They all got a good deal.

2 Likes

I used Edmunds and TrueCar, and both were similar. They are a good place to start the negotiations.

If there are any V6 Accords left on the lot, I would expect the dealer wants to move them fast. This should mean attractive pricing. I had a 2005 Accord EX V6 and replaced it with a 4-cyl EX-L. I decided against another V6 because of the timing belt replacement at 105,000 miles or 7 years, whichever comes first. It has an interference engine, meaning that if the timing belt breaks, the engine is destroyed. If you follow the Honda maintenance recommendations for timing belt changes, you won’t have any problems. I don’t know whether you know that or not and thought I’d mention it. Anyway, it cost me $700 at the dealer in 2012 for the timing belt, water pump, new coolant, and a serpentine belt. I imagine it is $1000 or more now, and should be $1500 at some places in 7 years.

1 Like

What does the “V6” stand for ? ______. Thanks.

My closest Honda dealer has 98 Accords in stock, 96 of them are 4 cylinder cars. Around here if a sales person learns that a buyer must have one of the last two remaining 6 cylinder cars on the lot the value of those cars goes up. Don’t expect big discounts on these cars.

1 Like

Is this a serious question ? If so Google is your friend.

2 Likes

Really depends on the dealer and which site they’re advertising on, there’s one at the local dealer for $6,000 off on Autotrader but on Car Guru’s you’d find ones marked down to around invoice (if the price is even listed)
40 V6 Accords found on Carguru out of the 700 within 100 miles of Olympia

1 Like

V6= 6 cyl = six cylinders

1 Like

6 cylinders in a ‘V’ configuration, in contrast to an inline 6.

3 Likes

Consumer’s Union has a price-calculating service. I’ve read about people getting good deals buying through Costco.

1 Like