What years/makes of cars will a 2001 Hyundai Elantra donut fit?

Hi- I have a 2001 Hyundai Elantra donut for sale, along with the kit- all that came in the trunk. I’d like to know what other years these items would fit/work on, so I can best advertise it. Can someone tell me?

To be on the safe side…I would just advertise it as a donut spare for a 2001 Hyundai Elantra.

I also have a question for our panel: What is the general lifespan of a donut spare? Is it the same as a regular tire? Just curious if anyone has the answer.

Thanks missileman- makes sense. If anyone knows more, I’d appreciate the info, but that’s what I’ll do, it’s the wise thing.

It would probably fit a Kia Spectra of the same vintage as well. But the tire is 12 years old at this point, maybe more, and probably isn’t going to be worth much of anything. You’ll probably spend more on the ad than you will get for the item.

FoDaddy, that’s something I was wondering, too- it’s never been used. I took all the good stuff out of the car after a wreck & stored in my garage. It still looks brand new, does the rubber get compromised over time? I have the whole kit, lol, I don’t even know what the long metal thing you use to change a tire is called - it fits on the lug nuts & gives you leverage to loosen/tighten. Will use Ebay to sell all I have around the house while looking for work. I really appreciate anyone’s time to give me info!

PS-Reiterating what missileman asked. "I also have a question for our panel: What is the general lifespan of a donut spare? Is it the same as a regular tire? Just curious if anyone has the answer. BTW, I copied his text and this popped up- See more at: http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2291995/what-yearsmakes-of-cars-will-a-2001-hyundai-elantra-donut-fit#sthash.fdPBusq6.dpuf

Interesting, I’ll check it out! Still want to know what all the parts are called…

Around here they are used for dock wheels and sell for about $10. Every car that comes into a junkyard has one and many have not been used. Really not worth much.

I also have a question for our panel: What is the general lifespan of a donut spare? - See more at: http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2291995/what-yearsmakes-of-cars-will-a-2001-hyundai-elantra-donut-fit#latest

Depends on where it’s stored. If it’s winched under the car, it’s getting exposed to all sorts of road crap, and depending on design possibly excess heat from the exhaust. That won’t last as long as one that’s stored inside the vehicle like older vans. Then of course there are cars like the old Renault 14, which stored the spare on top of the freaking engine. Brilliant.

Well the ones on the end of our dock haven’t lost any air in ten years. The sit under water all summer and exposed to the elements all winter. Outside of being green they seem to last just fine.

All good info to know. While I won’t get much, believe me, every $10 counts right now. This tire is still full of air, looks brand new, and with this thing that came in the trunk with it, it’s worth something to somebody. Especially if it fits more cars than just a 2001 Hyundai Elantra. I’m a bit of a bulldog when it comes to following through. Embarrassed to ask, but I must; what’s this called? And is there any piece missing from it? (I do know how to use it).
To summarize:
Anyone know what other vehicles use the same size donut and “lug nut loosener thing” as a 2001 Hyundai Elantra? I know what the safe thing to advertise is, but I could reach more potential buyers if it fit on newer cars as well. I bet everyone on this panel knows what the pieces in this photo are called except me. I’m a right brainer…

The one item is called a lug wrench and is used for loosing the wheel nuts to take the wheel off. It is also the crank portion for the jack itself. The other item with the hook is the jack handle. The hook goes into the holes of the screw jack and the slot in the other piece goes on the end to form a crank to raise or lower the jack. So you just have the spare tire, jack, jack handle and lug wrench. They come with every car though and rarely need to be replaced so not much of a market.

Thanks Bing!