What kind of car is this? Any help would be great

Not so much a drive by but just someone who realized that the poor photo ill not give a definite answer. Also even if a guess was correct that still would not help them find the person they want.

1 Like

If this is a security camera it raises again a question I have so often. Why do security cameras take such crappy pictures?

2 Likes

It looks like the car is moving. Stop action is difficult unless the shutter moves quickly. Lighting is also difficult to control and you canā€™t change the f-stop to let more light in. There are two ways to get a clear photo. Custom settings for the specific situation or plain luck. Security cameras take wide angle photos without the ability to change any settings.

1 Like

In addition to what jtstanders said, security cameras have high f-stop to be ā€œfocus freeā€. This limits the light that can come in. The picture is also cropped from a much larger image and it looks like H264/+/265 with the compression turned up. Itā€™s probably recording in 1080 or even higher. I prefer a lower frame rate and less compressed images. It takes a lot of space to store high definition video.

Re: crappy photos from security cameras

On similar note, have you ever heard those emergency messages from police etc broadcast on radio stations? So much background noise I often cannot understand a single word they say, sounds like they are talking from a flying jet airplane engine compartment. Sort of makes a taxpayer wonder why this sound-quality problem isnā€™t addressed.

1 Like

Like the Emergency Alert System that was tested on November 9, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. EST by Obama, and again every few years after that? The local weather aIerts use the same system at a local level. I believe all those stations receive the broadcasts over the air. The radio stations that receive the emergency broadcast then rebroadcast the messages on their stations. There can be a lot of interference by the time the weak incoming signal is picked up by the station. The message is daisy chained from station to station from the primary entry point, and interference at added at each hop!

1 Like