Blogs Car Info Our Show Deals Mechanics Files Vehicle Donation

What is the name of this car part?

I have a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora. On the rear panel right behind the wheel there is a red reflector thing that looks like a light, it is oblong and just snaps into the panel, What is this thing called?



Or “Side Marker” reflector.

Since you said “right behind the wheel”, I am assuming that the panel that you are referring to is the rear fender. If that is the case, then the piece to which you refer is called a Side Marker Light. Or at least, that is what I have always called it.

The part is mounted in the rear bumper cover. If there is wiring running to it it is a rear side marker lamp. If there is no wiring runing to it it is a rear side reflector.

2% rule