Name of part

A few weeks ago, I had an accident and long story short, the rear light on my hatchback is broken. However, I can’t seem to figure out the name of the part! It is not the tail lights, but the light kit that goes across the hatchback itself. Also, the light is not broken, just the cover. Can anyone help?

That’s the CHMSL, a.k.a. center high mounted stop lamp.

That description is all that’s needed when you order the part. ( along with the requisite year )

As a thirty five year parts man, that is waaaaay more than I usually get.

Thank-you so much!

It sounds as if you are describing a “rear finish panel”.