What is the history of Figaro cars

While in Glasgow I saw car from the 1950s which looks a little like the Sunbeam called the Figaro. I could not find anything about Figaro cars on google except the Nissan Figaro. Does anyone know anything about the maker?

Here is a photo of the Figaro

But that’s the new Nissan. I’ve not heard of a '50s ‘Figaro’ brand.

See above.

I think? Renault made a Figaro model. By coincidence I was in the UK last summer and saw the same car, in light green, but was unable to stop and have a close look at it.

If that photo is of the mysterious “50s” car that you saw in Glasgow, then there really is no mystery, as that is a modern-day Nissan Figaro.

The Nissan Figaro was designed to have a “retro” look, and apparently it fooled you into thinking that it was a car from the '50s.

Hope this helps.

The Figaro was introduced at the 1989 Tokyo Motor Show?under the slogan “Back to the Future”. It was built by a Nissan special projects group called Pike Factory,?who also produced other niche automobiles such as the Be-1, Pao and S-Cargo.

The Figaro was equipped with leather seats, air conditioning, CD player and a open roof. It was designed by Shoji Takahashi & Naoki Sakai?who won a design competition with the car.

The engine was Nissan’s MA10ET, a turbocharged 1.0 L (987 cc) I4.

Only 8,000 were originally available with an additional 12,000 added to production numbers to meet demand.

The only visible Nissan badge is in the shape of a fleur de lys on the bonnet and the car itself appears to date from the late 1950s or early 1960s - it’s all curves and chrome (the lighting units, the grille, the bumpers, hinges, handles) and is finished off with elliptical white wing mirrors (rather like the ones later used in the design of the ‘new’ Mini Cooper). The Figaro is a convertible, with a sliding soft-top that folds neatly into the trunk so as not to spoil the natural lines of the vehicle. Even the hubcaps are distinctive - white and chrome and reminiscent of Polo mints.
http://www.figaroownersclub.co.uk/#/history/4529781952

Thanks everyone who set me straight. The link to the Figaro Owners club of UK and Ireland shows the same car I saw in Glasgow right down to the hubcaps. When I tried google all I got was Nissan Figaro and I didn’t bother to look because I assumed their car would be “modern.” They fooled me. I will have to put it on my wish list along with a 1960’s Messerschmidtt.

It is cool, my wish list is a 68 cougar xr7