What happened to the 1966 Chevrolet Caprice 427 topic?

Where I’m from they say “don’t let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out”.

1 Like

Your tastes are correct. A semi rare very good condition (427/390) 1966 Chevrolet Caprice is not a highly desirable collector car. It requires someone with the money who for some reason lusted for one as a teenager to pay anything within half of $50,000.

That summarizes the situation but not the way you meant it to.

The OP asked for comparables for guidance because the vehicle is uncommon, he received a great deal of criticism for price in his advertisement. Some may have intended to be helpful but most comments were impolite.

I provided a polite response with sales price data from a trusted on line source. The OP proceeded to tell me I didn’t know anything and that my source was just plain wrong. Then he later said he contacted the owner of the car I offered as a comparable and used it to price his car. The comp was less than half the OPs asking price. The OP was belligerent the whole time. He got what he asked for in the end.

4 Likes

I really didn’t see that much difference between the two cars but the dealer selling the other car was probably asking a fair price for a dealer in the market. Mecum has auctioned a number of Caprice’s of this era but even the few 427 cars that I can find have topped out at around $50,000.

Post decision dissonance
make it rhyme
if you have time
And call it PD assonance
:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I agree 100%. OP was presumably asking for advice when they had already determined the answer they wanted and were actually only seeking validation. They were not only insulting but a complete waste of time and effort.

1 Like