What Could This Be?

I have a 93 mirage es 1.5L. I just finished doing some work on it since it has sat for almost 2 years in my garage.

Heres what was done.

ENGINE New plugs, wires, dist. cap + rotor, oil change x2. New Brakes front rear, Changed old Fuel Filter, drained old gas. Filled half the tank with 87 and used a bottle of injector cleaner.

Here’s my problem

I can start my car with no problem I check my charge with a multi meter I have 15.4V running at idle in driveway and 12.3ish while its off. When I’m driving this car wet, dry I have no problems, until I stop at a light or sign the car dies out after a few seconds my battery light turns on then it dies. I can start it right back up again without a problem and drive it. I was thinking the altenator but the car doesnt die at a idle when its in my driveway. Can anyone give me any tips???

If I clean these 2 items do you think this may fix the problem? I am trying to get away without having to buy these 2 since they will run me about $450

Thanks!

Did you replace the cap, rotor and wires with OEM pieces or aftermarket? Aftermaket ignition parts are hell on those Mitsus.

Well, 12.3 is a bit low for a battery reading while the engine is off. It should be at 12.6.
Each cell should be good for 2.1 volts on a good battery.

The 15.4 is too high a reading even with lighting and accessories turned off.
Is this reading being taken at the battery or the alternator terminal?

I believe you should have the battery charged and load tested as a first step.

I used bosch plugs and wires cap and rotor

this is taken at the battery, while the engine is running I can turn the hazards lights and wipers on and this reading stays the same

Did you replace the cap, rotor and wires with OEM pieces or aftermarket? Aftermaket ignition parts are hell on those Mitsus.

Good aftermarket ignition parts are as good or better then OEM ignition parts. I don’t know if you’ve ever looked at ignition parts or not…but there’s NOT a lot of engineering in them. A high-school with a cad and a little knowledge of electronics knowledge can easily design a very high quality one. And it really doesn’t take supurb manufacturing to make one.