Water in gas tank

what do I do with the syphoned gas that I have collected into sealed approved 5 gallon containers

See if there is a hazardous waste program for your city or county. Our city has one once a month in winter and twice a month in summer and takes gasoline.

You can add some dry gas and burn this stuff in your lawnmower and/or snow blower. You can add a couple of gallons to your fuel tank of your jeep every time you fill the tank, and burn it off in the truck.

I would let it separate, and then decant the fuel off the water.  Store that fuel for a couple of fill ups while you add a fuel dryer to take care of the water that likely it still in your tank.  Then start using a gallon or two of the fuel you removed from the tank and cleaned up as best you could with nice new fresh fuel and some dry gas with each fill up. 

Note, I have all electric garden tools so using it in those devices is not a choice for me.  It is however a good idea for most home owners.

The waste oil recovery company that I dealt with accepted contaminated gasoline if the water that settled out was poured off. If water or anti-freeze was detected the load was refused and it cost 50c/gal to get it cleaned up so shops are not too friendly about accepting the public’s waste oil. Waste oil in this area is cleaned and blended into marine fuel oil.

Excuse me. I let myself be interrupted. McParts stores accept waste oil and may accept the contaminated gasoline but it would be advisable to call ahead. Some recyclers might frown on the gasoline and there is a potential for spontaneous combustion while pouring the gas into the holding tanks.