Warranty

is seat belt warranty for life I have one on the driver side that coming a part.

We would need to know what car you are talking about before we could tell you.

(OP answered to my wall that he is driving a 1997 Nissan pickup)

In that case, yes, Nissans had a lifetime seatbelt warranty at least through 2002.

The caveat is that Honda has a lifetime warranty too, but convincing dealership service departments of this can sometimes be an uphill battle.

I knew a guy who got his Honda seat belts warrantied

At first, they didn’t want to give him the time of day :frowning:

But a case of beer cut through the “red tape” :naughty:

The Nissan site shows that seat belts are warrantied for 10 years/unlimited miles but only has information for 2003 and newer. I would expect a problem with getting a dealer to honor a seat belt warranty on a 19 year old truck without evidence that a lifetime warranty once existed (bring your warranty booklet).

"I would expect a problem with getting a dealer to honor a seat belt warranty on a 19 year old truck without evidence that a lifetime warranty once existed (bring your warranty booklet)."

I would expect a problem getting a seat belt.
When I worked at a European/Asian car dealer, we would have never kept, nor been able to order a seat belt that old, especially if they came in different colors.
CSA

@Nevada_545 Correct. Pre-2002, they were warrantied for life starting in the mid/late 80’s.