Warrantees on 2005 kia rio

Hi need info. My trany on my 2005 kia rio tanked. manufacturers warrantee says that it is covered up to 100,000 miles. I am the orig owneer nad the car only has 60,000. Wasnt perfect with allthe oil changes etc, but my friends says that that has nothing to do with the tranny warrantee. any thoughts… to fix it is 1500. Also, any body ever hearf of a website for used cars for people with poor credit called, www.yesurapproved.com ? they claim they can sell you a car, and if its been repod all you have to do is bring in the receipt and they will bury old loan? is that even legit? thanks

Was the car supposed to have the transmission fluid changed at 30k? If it was supposed to have that procedure done, and you ignored it, then you are on the hook for the repair cost. If no transmission service is specified for any mileage (or elapsed time interval) prior to the transmission breakdown, then you should be covered by the warranty.

Check the Kia Maintenance Schedule and your service records, and post back with the info.

You need to look in the owners manual and see if the manufacturer specifies if and when the transmission fluid should be serviced. If there is a specification for this service and it wasn’t done, then I’m afraid the drivetrain warranty is null and void. If there is no specification when this service should be performed, then the tranny should be covered.

Are you talking about the KIA program where if you lose your job, they’ll take the vehicle back and it won’t effect your credit rating? It’s great to see a car company that will help those who fall under hard times through no fault of their own, and not put them deeper in the hole.

Tester

Tester–The program that you are referring to is a Hyundai program, and it relates to new cars, not used cars.

As to the website mentioned by the OP, I would be very skeptical–from several standpoints. Also, bear in mind that most people who have bad credit also have bad car maintenance habits and as a result, many–if not most–repossessed cars have not been maintained properly.

Do you really want another car that was owned by someone who–to use your own words–“Wasn’t perfect with all the oil changes, etc”?

Any company that says they can “bury” your old car loan really means only one thing: they will add it to the amount you owe for the newer car loan, combining the two. They are correct if they use the word “bury”, because the details are buried in the loan details, fine print, and final loan amount you owe. Along the way, your purchasing price is probably also inflated, so you pay extra multiple ways.

Beware and stay away from these guys – they make money over and over when their clients don’t read the fine print or can’t actually make the payments, and they repo the car.

This is still the Kia that was damaged in the driveway and leaked out most of the oil? And then had problems with the transmission after the replacement of the oil pan?

Did you check in on the owner of the building’s home/apartment insurance?