VW CC Transmission

I don’t know what that is. Luckily after several calls with VW they agreed to replace the transmission. Same day they announced a settlement regarding the diesel emission mess. Maybe they didn’t want more bad publicity.

Congratulations!

And good for VW for assisting its customers in situations like this and standing by its products.

VW is over the barrel right now, from a financial standpoint. They are taking a big hit, and will continue to do so for some time

Their image is in the toilet

I don’t blame them for helping OP out. They’re probably hoping OP will speak highly of the brand, to anybody willing to listen

I don’t think I will buy another VW. I will probably go back to a Japanese car.

In that case, I suggest you sell or trade in around the 100K mark, if not sooner

Which transmission of these did you have in your CC? Maybe the problem isn’t the reliability of the CC itself, but the particular transmission design. You’ll probably have less problems with the 6-speed manual than any of the others in the list below.

6-speed manual
6-speed automatic
6-speed DSG
7-speed DSG

I have no idea. I never looked at it.

It only has a little over 50K miles on it. I drive it less than 100 miles a week so it would take a while to reach 100K.

i got a same problem like you, i have a 2012 VW CC, and my transmission stopped working two days ago, and dealer just told me I need a new transmission which cost more than 5K

And dealer told me my warranty was expired.

Call VW Customer Care. It took a while, but I got them to agree to repair my car. I just have to pay for labor.

Contact the dealer where you bought your car and ask them for the number. VW has had so much bad publicity due to the emissions scandal I think they went out of their way to help me out.

…or, simply open your glove compartment, and take the VW Owner’s Manual out of its original plastic wrapping. That information–as well as a veritable wealth of other information–can be easily found in the Owner’s Manual.

A few weeks back, you said that VW had agreed to replace the transmission

You hadn’t mentioned that you were on the hook for the labor, though

Are they charging you about 5 - 6 hours labor?