Vsc light

I HAVE AN 02 AVALON.THE VSC LIGHT,CHECK ENGINE LIGHT,AND THE VSC OFF LIGHT IS ON.NOW THE ABS LIGHT IS NOT ON.I PUSH THE BUTTON TO TURN THE VSC LIGHT OFF BUT IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING.IS THIS SERIOUS?WHAT DO I NEED TO DO.

Get the car on flat piece of road, put the steering wheel dead straight. Unhook the battery for about 30 minutes, this will reset and re-calibrate the vsc amongst other things. You’ll hear a funny grrr’ing when you first reconnect the battery, this is normal should only last a few seconds. You’ll lose the radio settings etc and need to reset the dash brightness. If this does not work then it’s time to see a good independent mechanic.

THANKS I WILL GIVE IT A TRY.A WK AGO THE LIGHTS CAME ON I UNHOOKED THE BATTERY FOR A MIN AND HOOKED IT BACK UP.THE LIGHTS DID NOT COME BACK ON AT THAT TIME.COUPLE DAYS LATER THE LIGHTS CAME BACK ON.I WILL TRY LEAVING THE BATTERY UNHOOKED FOR 30 MINS.

The key to this problem is in the information that you provided, namely, “CHECK ENGINE LIGHT…IS ON”.
When the CEL is illuminated, that normally indicates an engine problem, and the presence of an engine problem will cause the VSC to shut itself down.

So, what you need to do is to find out why the CEL is illuminated, and have that problem resolved. Once the engine problem is resolved, the VSC will again become active.

How long have you been ignoring the CEL?

How long has it been since things like spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, and air filter were replaced?
Lax maintenance is the typical cause of an illuminated CEL.

Please drop the caps.

I think Toyota’s use of the acronym VSC has been explained in some other thread, could someone elaborate on just what VSC is, Vehicle Stability Control is the first thing that comes to mind. If it is Vehicle stability Control is this a braking/throttle reduction system?

Yes, VSC means Vehicle Stability Control.
IIRC, Toyota’s VSC first involves a reduction in engine speed (override of the accelerator pedal).

If reduction in engine speed is not sufficient to reduce wheel-spin, then braking force is applied to specific wheel(s) in order to reduce/eliminate wheel-spin.

Since the VSC requires interaction between the ABS system and the ECM, any significant problem detected by the OBD2 system will result in a shut-down of the VSC.

Get rid of the ALLCAPS, it is hard to read and considered shouting.

Have your car scanned to determine why the CEL is on. Get the real code like P1234 and let us know what it is.