"Van" Name

Van Westfall—rather aristocratic sounding here in the south! If a boy of course: Could be called Van/ West / Westfall or hey, even VW- not! I like Van Westfall…last name. A little girl…well…Canada :slight_smile:

I think the baby needs a sing along name -one that they could all sing -specially on long car trips—
Ba Ba Ba Barbaravan…

How about Vanderbilt? After all, the baby was!

I have a neice named Jessica (jessi) who was named after the car that they owned when she was born and she laughs when she tells the story of her name. On the other hand, my brother’s son is nicknamed Van to differentiate him from his father Kevin. As for a girl’s name, I like Vanessa and Savanna.

If you wanted to nod to the van but not use “van,” you could always use another model, like Sienna, or Cheyenne if a girl…then it is more of an inside note and not so blatant…

Tara and Curtis don’t seem to be married yet … maye they should define a new surname and style it as the Dutch do - “van” somewhere, indicating that the person came “from” there. As they just left California, maybe “van Modesto” (or whatever is appropriate)!

I think the perfect name for this child whether male or femal is Devan Tripp (last Name)It fits for a boy or a girl and gets to the point!

Gotta be quick! Regardless of the name you choose, here’s the gig:
Anyone can submit names for your child. The more, the better.
BUT, it’s going to cost them. Let 'em pay for the privilege.
When someone finally suggests the name you already picked, bidding closes and baby takes all. Never let on. [Curtis, practice saying "Oh, how cute!]
At work this trick is called “The Mortgage Lifter.” [OB nurse]

If is a girl she can name her vanya or a boy vandam good look

Click Van Clack if it is a boy or Clack Van Click if it is a girl

Boy: Alvan, Chevan, Davan, Devan, Elvan, Delvan, Kelvan, Melvan, Shelvan
Girl: Chevanna, Evanya, Vanessa, Vantessa

Those are all probably not so good, hey - there’s all sorts of possibilities - have fun with it!

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

I would suggest a name that starts with a V, such as Victoria, Valarie, Vance, Vince, etc… and just a middle initial of “W”. I’ve met quite a few people with just a middle initial. That way your child’s initials will be “VW”.

Clearly I do not know how to post “stuff.” In any event, I like the name Vanetta for a girl.

Thoughts:

• The parents should Both be excited about naming their kid after their adventure. if They’re not, end of discussion.
  • If they’re worried about the effects of the backstory, keep it in the family! If they just pick a nice name that everyone likes that just happens to start with a V, for example, it probably won’t cause people to ask any more, but it’ll be a cute and creative story to share with family and close friends.
  • As far as Why they might choose to go the VW (or whatever) direction at all, its kind of a sweet tip-of-the-hat to the beginning of their relationship and the fabulous trip that brought them closer together and forever tied together, regardless of whether or not the child was conceived there. Sort of an homage to the whole experience.

Ideas for if they Do choose to include the memory:

• Girl: Devan/Evangelique/Evangelina/Vanessa/Savannah,
  • Boy: Evan/Van/Weston/Westley/Donovan/Vannigan/Vander/Sullivan
  • V.W. initials
  • West as a middle name (boy), Falia as a middle name (girl)
  • Canadian city or Province name is a great idea too!

Tara and Curtis- You’re going to know what’s right as soon as you hear it…but good for you for going out on a limb and playing around with it, even if that’s not the direction you go in the end.

Congrats and make sure you tell us what you decide!!

ABF

My parents concieved of me in a Volkswagon Westphalia van?
1.Trans Canadian affection of my Mom does not make a good start for a public naming convention.
2. 20 years from now the Harvard campus will have a lost student asking why he/she has been Farforvannuggened from class!
3. Click and Clack would be the preferred First and middle names.

Boy: Evan
Girl: Vanessa
Nice and not too emabarrassing.

Not just a van; but “the” van – a Westphalia.

Try Wesley or Westin for a boy and Weslee or Weslia for a girl.

OK, kids. Let’s have our fun. Then let’s let the parents give the child a real name, not a family gag.

So VANilla is out? Rhymes with godzilla!

Tara should steer clear of any “Van” reference if she feels strongly about. I suggest Tom or Ray for a boy but I’m partial to Maggie, as in Magliozzi if it’s girl.