Vacuum lines

i found a vacuum diagram for my car finally but i cannot understand it.im not a mechanic and i just mess around for fun and ive learned everything i know by hands on helping out watching people do it.now i ran into the problem where i need someone who knows what they are doing to simplify the diagram for me.it might seem like a stupid question but hey if i dont know im gonna ask someone who might…my car is a 1980 mercury capri with a 2.3 liter 4 cylinder non turbo.5 speed tranny etc etc…heres the link for autozone.com repair guides the figure 21 is the right diagram and help would be great ive been on this for monthes and cant seem to get it rnning right and spent countless dollars trying to get people to figure it out for me…if u need to email me anythign let me know and ill send u my email address thanks again…http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0900c1528004df83

There is no shortage of people on this site who would like to help you. But you need to tell them what is wrong with your car. First of all, you need to slow down. Start with what exactly is not working right with your car. Tell us what was done but didn’t work.
Tell us why you think this a vacuum issue.

Take it one line at a time. Print out the vacuum diagram and get a colored pen or highlighter. The vacuum diagram for these 80’s cars is a bit intimidating (Dark Ages of emissions controls), but take your time and concentrate on one at a time helps a lot.

Vacuum line is cheap, so get a few different sizes, like 5/32", 3/16", 5/16", and 3/8".
I like to start at the intake manifold, and work my way to the various switches and devices. The brake booster circuit is easiest, so start there and eliminate it. Next, trace the PVC line. Then trace the line for the EGR circuit. Then the distributor. Mark along the lines you connect as you work your way through. You can do this!!!

thanks for the info and i mean i have just been very fustrated with the whole or deal…anyway i swapped out my old 1 barrel carter carb for a holley 2 barrel 5200…my carter carb was bad and i didnt have the wiring or anything for it cuz i got the engine at a junkyard so i just switched manifolds and carbs…got my engine running and idle at 1000 rpms but when i start the car from a cold start and go to rev it the car dies down and shuts off…and when im driving it and i floor it u can hear it kinda sputter and than catch itself and drive like normal…i was thinking maybe a problem with the electric choke opening to early etc etc…but when the cars warm its still sputter when i rev it up and only when i put the pedal to the floor. but than catches itself and revs normaly…kinda like lag or hesatation any help would be great

got the car idleing good but i cant get my air fuel mixture screw just right.the carb didnt have one it it when i got it so i had to buy a rebuild kit to get one.anyway i put it in but i dont know how far it should be in…when i drive my car and let off the gas it dosent really backfire but kinda growls and rumples outta the exhaust until the rpms get real low…my other problem is when i start my car on a cold start it will idle properly but when i push the gas pedal to the floor it will suck air or something to much and just shut off…but if i just get on the gas a little it will rev slightly.other than that when i drive it and i punch it all will be fine than all of a sudden it will sputter and kinda lag than catch itself and drive normaly.than sometimes when i go to start it i have to hold the gas pedal to the floor in order for it to start…it kinda just revs and lags at the same time than when it gets to like 2 grand it will start revinng normaly.than i let off the gas it goes to normal curb idle and runs…those 3 probelms occor everytime i drive my car…im thinking electric choke might need adjusted but before i do it id like a second opinion thanks for the help

your predicament sounds similar to mine, only that our old 85 mercury also has fiddly electricity. So, please excuse piggy-backing on your question, but where can I find a circuit diagram on top of a vacuum diagram, pleaseeeee?

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=FMC&Make=MRC&Model=CAPI&Year=1985&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=
$15 for the vacuum and wiring diagrams and troubleshooting guide.