Using Pam antistick spray on the front of my car to avoid bugs

Well five years later and no report? I would be afraid of the stuff turning rancid.

At any rate, a good wax job but I use lemon pledge on the snow blower to prevent snow sticking to the auger. I’d rather spray that on a car than Pam.

Isn’t Pam just corn oil in a spray can? Or is it more complicated than that?

Edit: Google tells me besides vegetables oils, it has something called Lecithin, which is an anti-stick agent. Maybe there’s something to the idea.

I use Griot’s Bug Barricade. It works well here in the south.

I wouldn’t want to use Pam, it’s just vegetable oil, it’ll age/turn rancid/whatever. That ‘Bug Barricade’ sounds like a better choice.

1 Like

Pam is nothing but canola oil in water. It might even ATTRACT bugs! It’ll probably help dirt to stick too.
It’s true that it won’t hurt the paint, but I wouldn’t use it on a car. As others have said, there are products designed to protect the surface, such as my favorite (already mentioned)… car wax. There are also vinyl wraps available now that I’d much rather have on my car. See below link.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=clear+protective+film+car

@cdaquila , we have a spammer…

The lovebugs are horrible in FL this year. I sprayed the front of my car with Pam before a 30 mile country road trip. When I got home I immediately washed the bugs off the front and they came off very easily, but if you get too much oil on it can blow up on the windshield - not good.

I live on the Southwest coast of Florida. Love bugs are usually in the middle of the state and on east coast.This year the wind has been blowing them here. I use Nu Finish as a sealer. Then I remove bugs with new dryer sheets. I don’t have used sheets as I don’t use them in the dryer. Used sheets work fine, but sheets are available at dollar stores. Just be sure to wash off the residue and to clean your condenser/radiator with a hose.

Would Armorall work?

Will Armorall wash off? IMO, two of the pluses for PAM are that it’s sticky to catch bugs and washes off easily. Catching bugs will keep their impingement of the windshield down a little.