Turbocharger Replacement

That 6 hours began about 5 in the morning at the regional office. It included the traffic mess getting out of of town, metro traffic in 2 more TX cities, major traffic and road construction in Fort Worth, more metro in Denison, and ending up in the perpetual traffic snarl and road construction in OK City to the point where he pulled up under the service awning.

He averaged 75 so he was probably tooling along about 90 and up most of the way. He also said that he stopped at some interstate McDs along the way for some take along breakfast.

The paint was cooked on the hood for a reason. And I was the smuck who had to replace the turbocharger under warranty. What was normally a 2 hour job turned into 6 hours because I had to wrestle every fried nut and bolt on it.

Amen!

BillRussell

January 5

I agree with Joe. but that just reinforces my opinion to never buy an engine with a turbo.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It should be kept in mind that with most turbocharged cars the turbocharger is putting out little or no boost in normal driving.

Amen!

In my caseā€¦Who knew?

As a concerned Bob Moore customer and an Arkansan, BOB MOORE MAZDA cost me $15,000 plus a new monthly car payment of $543. They did nothing but replace a defective turbo without correcting the problem and that is NEGLIGENT!

When I pulled their BBB rating last yearā€¦it was D- with 52 unresolved complaints over 36 months. I have no idea how it shows A+ now, but I have the screen shot when it was showing D-. If youā€™d like for me to embarrass you and Bob Moore even more than you just embarrassed yourself, let me know and Iā€™ll post the D- BBB score for all to see.

Itā€™s very nice of the Oklahoma people to stand up for their home state car dealers. Especially since everyone knows what an honorable profession it is to sell cars. A car dealer with 17 dealerships needs you to step up for them.

Now why donā€™t you tell us what your relationship to Bob Moore Auto REALLY is. Iā€™m sure weā€™d all be interested in that.

Whatā€™s your name Cargal? Are you afraid to identify yourself? My name is Kevin Weisinger and my wife and I have been taken advantage of in the worst way by Bob Moore Auto Group. They replaced a defective part on my vehicle without determining why it failed. They didnā€™t even follow the recommended procedure for replacing a turbocharger. They changed my spark plugs (Waitā€¦What?) , but not my oil, oil filter, air filter or fuel filter.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

$3,000 repairā€¦they had my car for a week and none of the above? WHY NOT???

Nowā€¦why donā€™t you tell us that Mazda doesnā€™t recommend changing those items, so there isnā€™t anything I can do about it. Keep in mind, when I sent documentation from Mazda that oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filters need to be changed as part of the recommended process of changing a defective turbo. It happened to referenced a turbo diesel at the top of the documentā€¦so Bob Moore leadership pounced on the factā€¦oh yesā€¦we do all those things for a turbo diesel engine, but not a turbo gas engine. :-0

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Diesel, but not a gas engine?

ANYONE???

Bob Moore says they change those items on a turbo dieselā€¦but not on a gas turbo. ANY MECHANIC ON THIS SITE (That last name isnā€™t Moore) CARE TO SUBSTANTIATE THAT?

I didnā€™t think soā€¦

Ask any mechanic on this site if that was the right thing to do? Once you do that, ask a mother if she would wipe her babyā€™s bottom before putting on a fresh diaper. If she saysā€¦Noā€¦she works at Bob Moore Mazda.

Cargirlā€¦you a mother???

Iā€™ve taken my case to the COO of Bob Moore and he just laughed. One thing about Oklahoma I am glad aboutā€¦small claims court pays $2,500 more than Arkansas does.

Let me know if youā€™d like me to post the screenshot of Bob Mooreā€™s D- BBB rating from 2016. The Oklahoma Attorney Generalā€™s office has 9ā€¦no 10 customer complaints against them. :slight_smile:

Bob Moore has had every opportunity to meet me half way. Since they choose to tell a completely opposite story than mine to the AG and anyone that requests a rebutted regarding my situation.

I am like a Pit Bull with a bone. Iā€™m not letting this go without a fight. Trust Me!

The Best thing Bob Moore can do is contact me to resolve this matter. If notā€¦Small Claims Court is nextā€¦then if not resolved thereā€¦Iā€™ll use every legal means to address this in the court of public opinion throughout the state of Oklahoma.

My brother in lawā€™s best friend lives in Owasso, OK. (Google itā€¦) If Bob Moore wants to play with meā€¦Iā€™ll play with themā€¦legally of course.

I hope to heaven aboveā€¦no one I know breaks down in Oklahoma. Bob Moore Mazda and Bob Moore Auto Group has been a nightmare. BOO!

Iā€™m wondering if cargal is somehow connected to either Bob Moore Mazda or BBB

:smirk_cat:

Unfortunately, get use to it. Car manufacturers are going turbo to meet the EPA fuel efficiency requirements. Not for power, but fuel mileage. It sucks!

When Bob Moore contributed to the death of my Mazda CX-7, I almost purchased a Malibu. The only engine offered was a 4 cyl. Turbo. I walked next door to the Honda dealer and purchased an Accord 2 door Coupe with a V6 fully aspirated engine. No More Turbo!

Thank You!

How would you have reacted if Bob Moore Mazda had said ā€œSir, we have determined the cause of the turbo failure, and itā€™s oil starvation, due to sludge. We recommend replacing the turbo AND the motor at the same time. And since youā€™re out of warranty, youā€™ll be responsible for paying the entire cost.ā€

I believe your jaw would have hit the floor, and I donā€™t think you would have agreed to pay several thousand dollars to also replace the motor, in addition to the thousands you were already expecting to pay to replace the turbo

I donā€™t mean to sound offensive, and Iā€™m not calling you a liar

But I believe few people would have agreed to replace the turbo and motor both at the same time, and foot the entire bill, without putting up a heck of a fight

1 Like

Thank You!

I think she is the person customer complaints are directed to. Iā€™ve spoken to her, but now she refuses to return my calls.

I called her 3 times after Christmas and left messages each time. She never called me back.

Bob Moore Ford GM promised to call me last week. Guess what??? No call!

I guess thatā€™s the way Bob Moore deals with difficult problemsā€¦IGNORE THEM!!@

Nice customer serviceā€¦huh!

Noā€¦youā€™re right. I have a son in law who is a regionally famous drag racer and engine builder. I would have towed my car back to Arkansas and let him have a shot at it.

Most people would have freaked!

Please keep in mind, I donā€™t know if engine sludge was the problem, but neither does Bob Moore unfortunately. Lol

Problem solved, son-in-law will replace the engine.

2 Likes

Customer Review Rating:
Positive
0%
Neutral
0%
Negative
100%
[5] Reviews
[43] Complaints

1 Like

@cdaquila - Carolyn , this might qualify as a thread that needs to be closed as it seems to be something that a forum canā€™t solve.

6 Likes

And before itā€™s closed I might add this.

1. I asked twice previously how often the hood came up to check the engine oil.

2. The OP stated that a PCV stuck, the oil dipstick blew out, and all of the engine oil blew out all over everything. So when was that discovered and how long had the engine been running like that.

4 Likes

Uhh no. Their partial or incomplete repair cost you a $3000 turbo.

2 Likes

It would take an awful lot to coerce me into a $543 a month car payment, I couldnā€™t blame old Bob for that.

It might be noted that on those Bob Moore BBB complaints they apparently work with the complainees to try and sort things out.
One of those complainees even gave them a pat on the back and said their next car purchase would be from Bob Moore.

Of course, if someone is on a tirade and cursing to no end their attitude may be for the complainee to just get bent.

Thereā€™s always (ALWAYS) some more of the story and I wonder what Bob Mooreā€™s side of it is.

@asemaster, I will ask you this. Is it not possible that the engine was run sans motor oil due to the PCV failure and THAT is the reason for the engine and turbocharger failure?

The OP even claims that Mazda discontinued production of the CX-7 because of the PCV and that is utterly ludicrous to even consider.

1 Like

ā€¦especially since the same engine was used in the MazdaSpeed6, after production of the CX-7 ended. Additionally, Fordā€™s Duratec engines are extremely similar to that engine, and were actually developed in conjunction with Mazda. If that engine design was fatally flawed, it wouldnā€™t have been continued in use by both Mazda and Ford.

Oh, Iā€™ll agree to that and will say that anything is possible, @ok4450. Unless we have the engine and turbo in front of us all we can do is guess.

What I took away from the many and varied posts is that there was turbo failure, turbo failure again in 12,000 miles, the second failure was determined to be caused by sludge, and the sludge was bad enough that engine replacement was needed. I maintain that if thereā€™s enough sludge in an engine to kill a turbo in 12K, the sludge was there at the first turbo failure. I believe that the standards of best practices would have led the first mechanic to pull a PCV hose, oil cap, turbo return line, or whatever and taken a peek with a borescope to see what, if any, crud was in the engine, if for no other reason than to find something else to sell. I think the dealer owes the OP some concession on turbo replacement, such as selling it to him at cost or eating part of the labor for turbo replacement as part of doing amicable business. But not for the engine repair and certainly not a cash payout.

But none of that matters. What a bunch of aftermarket turbo websites instruct or what a forum of professional mechanics say isnā€™t really relevant. Unless he can prove that the dealer shop didnā€™t follow Mazda service manual procedures when replacing the turbo, heā€™s going to walk out of court with nothing.

BTW, I thought of this thread at work yesterday. I was handed a ticket for head gasket replacement on a Saab 9-5 Turbo. Removing the cylinder head requires removing the exhaust manifold and turbo, yet the procedure doesnā€™t say to change the oil.

1 Like