Turbocharger Replacement

At the beginning of the discussion I was giving the OP a little benefit of the doubt. As more and more little bits of info and comments surfaced I came to the conclusion this was simply a neglected car that met its end at the hands of the owners. That usually leads to in what direction do the fingers point…
I take this to mean both engine and turbo died because the engine ran out of oil due to the PCV and like Admiral Farragut, “Damn the torpedoes…”

The BS about the PCV causing a production stoppage, the wife doing long distance commutes on the highway each day, the sludge and PCV issues, dipstick blown out, and all of the engine oil dumped just reinforces my conclusion.

The only missing info is did this engine quit at what point on the road, was the car towed in, and so on. Offhand, I’m theorizing (guessing…) that this problem happened with the other half on the road somewhere and I’m sure the standard “Oil light never came on” retort is hidden somewhere.

Either way, the OP has their name posted. If they feel so strongly, then sue Bob Moore. I’ve noted the name and will follow the court records to see if a suit pops up.
The online court records will reveal why they’re suing, what they’re asking for, and the final disposition and judgement in any case. With name duly noted, I’ll post back in the future about “what happens”.

1 Like

I think you mean the Honda has a normally aspirated engine.

I checked the oil level at least once a month. The most oil the engine ever needed was 1/2 quart between oil changes. The car did not burn oil. My wife drives 75 miles each way to work. One night on the way home, the car quit running and no engine warning light came on.

I spokeIto the new GM at Bob Moore Mazda one week ago Monday. The old GM is no longer their, nor is the service manager. I told him I’d like to resolve this matter and move on.5He promissed he would cont me by midweek. As usual, Like the other Bob Mmore executives, he lied, because he NEVER called me back. Even after I said Id work with them, Bob Moore continues to ignore s customer with a major problem.
After 3 years of $450 per month payments, I decided to pay the vehicle off in full. I paid $12,000, plus $3,000 for the turbo replacement. I’m out $15,000 and I have a vehicle that’s DOA. I now have a $560 monthly car payment for a new Honda Accord 2 door coupe with a V6 normally asperated engine. No more turbos for me.
Bob Moore has the profit he made on my turbo repair.
They offered me $4k and take my car. With a little work they can whosale it and get their $4k back. They are out nothing and Im out $15k plus I have a new $560 car payment for 60 months.
I have no choice, but to take Bob Moore to small claims court for not diagnosing my original turbo failure and not following best practices of changing the oil, oil filter and air filter/fuel filter when they replaced my defective turbo. Bob Moore continues to hid from problems they created and continues to dissapoint.

If my vehicle didnt get destroyed by Bob Moore…My car would be paid for knucklehead. Stop trying to tick me off!

@cdaquila can we close this? It’s turned into twitter-style rants and personal insults against forum members from the OP. I think we’ve had enough of that elsewhere on the internet.

3 Likes

+1
I don’t think that this thread serves any purpose at this point, except as a forum for the ranting of the OP.

4 Likes

Key words!!

I don’t think this discussion has been helpful to you, Kevin. Thank you for coming back to update. I’ll have to ask that you not insult the board members, and to reiterate my prior reminder about toning down the language. Good luck with your claim against Bob Moore.

5 Likes