Trying to use gates.com

Am I missing something? I’m trying to look up a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan and an 85 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme to see if it lists them as inteference engines and also whether or not they have timing belts or chains.

I know both are chain driven but I’m just trying to figure out how to use this site to look up this info. Every time I click on the link, enter all the vehicle info, it just takes me to a listing of parts that fit the vehicle.

Am I just missing something really obvious?

Jad2007:
You are not missing anything. Since both your vehicles use timing chains a timing belt is not listed. It is in the Notes area of the timing belt application that will indicate interference engines. Try typing in a 96 Honda Accord with a 2.2 and scroll down to timing belts you will see what I mean. Neither of your vehicles is an interference engine by the way.
~Michael

Ahhhhh thanks Michael. I get it now. And thanks for letting me know they aren’t interference engines, I wasn’t sure about that part.

Hey any plans on moving your shop up to Ontario, Canada? :slight_smile:

Glad I could help. I have no plans to move to Ontario sorry.
Maybe we could get OK4450 to go. :slight_smile:
If your ever in Washington State stop in for coffee.
~Michael

No desire to move to Ontario at all but the side of a mountain in British Columbia has crossed my mind a few times. :slight_smile:

Seriously, 2 weeks of winter is all I care for so Costa Rica is probably more to my tastes. We’ve just gotten de-iced here in the last 3 or 4 days.

Haha OK4450 would be great too. I’ll definitely stop in if I ever travel that way, what’s the name of your shop if you don’t mind posting it?

Can’t blame either of you for not wanting to move here, if it wasn’t for family and friends I’d be looking to move somewhere with maybe only 1 month of real winter weather…that’s the most I like to deal with anymore.