Truck driving

I’m surprised they gave you the time of day. I’ve had my share of snafus with all of the shipping companies. The one consistent theme is the sender needs to initiate any tracing for lost/delayed packages. They usually just tell you to contact the shipper and let them know you did not receive it.

FedEx for me has always been the best. They have the most consistent and comprehensive tracking info. I had a computer delivery I missed once and when I called, they knew EXACTLY where the driver was and sent him a message to return. He was back 15 minutes later and I had my package. They also wrap any deliveries in plastic bags if there’s even a hint of rain in the forecast. The others…not so much.

Well, you obviously have a much more conscientious FedEx driver than I have.
Several years ago, I ordered three 40 lb sacks of a dry lawn food/weed killer. They were delivered on a rainy day, and the jerk left them next to my garage door–in the open–and without any protection from the rain.

Luckily I was at home, so I was able to rescue those paper sacks before they were soaked-through. It would have been an additional walk of ~20 feet to for him to put those sacks on my covered porch–where UPS always leaves my packages. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Incidentally, I heard a rumor that FedEx is buying-out UPS.
The new name will be FedUp.
:smirk:

1 Like

I guess, like any profession, there’s the good and the bad. I had some electronics left in the rain, boxes soaked, I poured water out of them. Thank goodness the sensitive stuff was enclosed in a plastic bag by the manufacturer. That was USPS. Most of the time they’re pretty good. Maybe it was a temp filling in…

Yeah, good thing you caught those bags before long. Those would have been destroyed in short order if they got wet inside.

The problem I see in FedEx is that they are a conglomerate of companies, all under the FedEx name. And each company has it’s own set of offices.

I once had a computer shipped from Apple. They shipped it in two boxes, and via two different FedEx companies. I had to go to two different offices to pick up the computer. And it took quite a while and several trips to sort out which office was which.

And the overall problem is that they do not knock on the door, so all I get is a pair of delivery slips, totally different, delivered by two different trucks, from different offices.

Hi there. Could you please bring this back more on topic? Thanks.

OK, I had a part for my car ordered and Fed Ex said it was delivered to my front door. No it was delivered to the front door of a house two bays down with the same house number. I had to go look for it since their guy said it was delivered. Fed Ex has done that several times so I prefer UPS or Speedee out of St. Cloud.

It’s bad enough waiting for a part to come anyway but then mess the delivery up when it finally does come.

I order a lot from different companies and I’d say half use FedEx. Never had an issue.

Fed-Ex is also one of the largest electronic repair companies in the world. Many years ago they saw that a lot electronic equipment was going through their hub on the way to some repair facility, then back through their hub after it was repaired. They decided to get in on the action and opened up their own electronic repair facility about 10 miles from their major hub. They can usually turn around the repair in less then 24 hours.

http://www.fedex.com/techmanager/

To bring it back to cars…FedEx is also rumored to be looking into the supply business (automotive among others). They are either going to start from scratch or buy an existing on-line auto parts store.

Interesting company.

Part is still sitting in garage. My kid will bring car over eventually.