Transmission Sensor

I have a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado. The transmission sensor activates the display pannel and advises to “Service Transmission”. I have taken in into a GM dealer and they can not find anything wrong with the transmission. the Display comes on on hot days. After the car has been parked and cooled off the display goes away. The GM service manager advises that the sensor is placed internally in the

transmission. It would cost some where about $3,00.00 to pull the transmission to determine if the sensor is bad or not. The transmission works great. Is the sensor, placed internally and since it only causes ma display when the transmission gets hot on hot days, ahat is the best course of action that I should take. Tje auto only has 72,000 miles on it and has been driven very saafely.

I’d believe the dealer on this one. If there were a fix that would net them a few hundred dollars they would jump on it. Assuming the dealer is correct it wouldn’t be worth the money to repair.

"the Display comes on on hot days. After the car has been parked and cooled off the display goes away.

I would take it to an independent shop that specializes in transmissions. At the very least someone has to check the actual transmission fluid temperature when it get hot. If that light is telling you that the fluid is over temperature then the transmission won’t work great for very much longer.

If the trans temp is getting to high, the fix will not likely involve having to pull out the transmission.