Transmission cooler line replacement

Here is the gen2 kit instructions…

Transgo is the only kit I trust…

Here is my VB when I was cleaning it after I blew the stator apart in my converter lol… Not all the way apart yet, but you get the picture, mine was only a 3 speed… lol

2 Likes

After researching last night. I believe I have the gen 2 transmission. I Learned about the codes in the glove box. I believe M7X is gen 2. So there is no pressure switch on the techm of gen 2? So would need new one? So possibly new techm and the repair kit for valve body? Or should I just look into the remanufactured techm and valve body from street smart or OE new?

Yes MHM, M7U, M7V, M7W, or M7X are listed as Gen 2… So as long as the VIN on that sticker matches the VIN below your windshield it is a Gen 2…

So no pressure switches, Gen1 has 4 PS but Gen2 has 0 PS…
The Gen2 kit instructions I posted shows the difference between them on page 1…

As long as street smart is legit with quality parts and prices, then that sounds like the way to go…
I am comfortable taking a VB apart and repairing it, cleaning and putting back together again, but remember a human hair can stick a spool valve, so clean, very very clean, is very important… Plus a spool valve can be installed backwards and seem to work on the work bench, but it will not, as well as springs and valves in the wrong order… So if you are good with knowing that hundreds of small round parts can roll around on you and even onto the floor then go for it, but if not, a replacement VB may be a better choice for you…

Can you post a link to street smarts web site??

https://streetsmarttransmission.com/remanufactured-valve-bodies/

1 Like

I also can across the older service bulletin

1 Like

I read this post on a different gm vehicle. Found that service bulletin there. In this post was a fix to same issue I am having.

1 Like

Interesting. With a little luck maybe all that’s needed is a good cleanout and a dose of special magic solenoid-unfreezing elixir.