Tranny fluid question

I’m in the process of changing the filter and fluid on my 91 Corolla. The book calls for Dexron II ATF. Can I use dexron VI being that it supercedes all previous revs and also it’s a synthetic? The vehicle has 150K plus miles on it and I’m trying to squeeze as much life out of it as possible. This is just regular maintenance and there is no problems at all with the tranny.

From Wikipedia:

DEXRON-VI

DEXRON-VI was introduced in 2005. It was designed to replace all prior specifications, and is therefore backward-compatible with applications calling for DEXRON of any type. The specification (GMN 10060) defines both a performance level and specific additives that provide improved shift feel, friction durability and oxidative stability compared to earlier specified fluids.

I figured it was OK…When I picked up my supplies, I asked the counter guy if he had Toyota compatible fluid and he gave me Castrol Multi-Vehicle ATF which says on the bottle that it’s good for HONDA, Toyota, and Nissan. I questioned it so looked it up in the Haynes manual which is where I got the correct info. Thanks for the help