Tranmission

my transmission is not shifting into 3rd gear this is a 350 turbo hydramatic

OK do you have a question?

How many miles on your car?
Has the transmission every been serviced?
What does the transmission fluid look and smell like?
What kind of driving do you do? Highway, city? ?
Is there a teenager driving it (hot-rodding) ?

yes
has a little burt smell
hills and highway
no

its broke

no kidding einstien

Ok einstein - can’t tell a wisecrack when you hear one?

You wandered out to the internet and made a statement that your transmission won’t shift to 3rd. You didn’t give any other information. When a reader stumbles across your post they can’t even tell that you’re asking a question. They don’t know what year the truck is. Nothing about miles or maintenance, check engine lights etc. etc. etc.

Your next post added another 10 words to the first 10 words you put up.

I was giving you an answer that was in proportion to the information that you provided.

einstein.

maybe you need me to draw you a picture or write a book. don’t have that kind of time. but the problem has been solved by the info I gave.

And your account of the solution is as informative as the rest…

One thing that can keep a Turbo 350 from shifting into it’s highest range is simply a disconnected vacuum line at the modulator.

Justifying brievity in describing the nature of your cars problem by saying you do not have time to fully describe the problem is shortsighted.

Some people treat cartalk like some kind of phone app, we are humans behind these zero’s and one’s.

You’ll have all the time in the world when your tranny dies and you can’t go anywhere.

At any rate, we don’t have the time to play detective with you. Either ask us a question and provide us the relevant details when we ask for them, and preferably before we have to ask for them, or expect to be disappointed in the answers you get.

And it wouldn’t hurt you to try being, you know, polite, instead of acting like some brainless emo-punk pre-teen basement dweller who’s greatest social accomplishment was hooking up to Twitter.

“And it wouldn’t hurt you to try being, you know, polite, instead of acting like some brainless emo-punk pre-teen basement dweller who’s greatest social accomplishment was hooking up to Twitter.”

shadowfax - you may have poet potential if that’s not what you’re doing already. I mean, keep your day job and everything, but that was art.

hahahahaha…

transman

Making a wild guess with zero information provided, I’d say the trans probably needs to be rebuilt based on the “little” burnt smell and failure to shift. The TH350 is an antique and odds are it’s probably never had a fluid change much less a rebuild.

Drop the pan and see if there is enough muck in there to ladle out.