Trade and Buy **Faulty 2014 Focus** Help!

Thanks for the information!

Hello Everyone.

I guess I was so annoyed my brain shut off. My car faced SEVEN transmission/clutch repairs in the time Iā€™ve owned it. BBB is going through the Arbitration process with Ford. I should know more soon with a maximum of 40 days. Hoping for a repurchase but not getting my hopes up.

Hi - just wondering if there has been any update on this issue? We are facing the same thing on a 2014 Focus. Trying to get the best deal we can on a trade in, and would love to find a way to get out of Ford, especially that they are now getting out of fuel-efficient small cars altogether. Thanks!

As I understand it the problem transmission was the dual clutch automatic. Is your car still under the 5 year or 50000 mile warranty? Then have it fixed.
But Ford is still offering small cars, the Fiesta and the C-Max.
So itā€™s up to you. You might get a better trade in allowance on a new Ford, but the only way to find out is shop around.

OK, then decide what you want and trade the vehicle. There will not be enough difference to worry about if any . Your trade in amount depends on so many things such as condition, market demands, what you are trading for and just how bad a dealer wants to do business that moment.

2 Likes

Well, the issue is that Ford is offering quite alot more (at initial inquiry anyway) than other dealerships. My car is valued at 5500 trade in by KBB, - the dealership is offering 7500. This I believe is a bit of an incentive to keep people with Ford and to assuage owners about the ongoing transmission issue for which there is a currently class action lawsuit which theyā€™d probably like to keep us from claiming. The C-Max was on our list but it is being discontinued - no listings for sale in our entire region. I believe the Fiesta also has similar problems to the Focus. Weā€™ll be pursuing multiple avenues but I was just wondering if any other Focus owners had updates on their own experiences trying for trade-in.