Traction control all the time

97 olds lss
traction control kicks in quite often. turn it off and it doesnt have the problem. do i need to worry?

Do your tires have good tread and the proper pressure?

Ok tread propped pressure. It happens when I turn slightly. No actual slipping occurring

Maybe a bad wheel speed sensor or bad connection at the speed wheel speed sensor. Try reseating the sensors and checking the wires.

I JUST REALIZED ANOTHER SYMPTOM THAT FITS WITH THIS! the abs activates at slow speeds

Yup, wheel speed sensor problem. It could be a loose bearing allowing the sensor to create “noise” confusing the traction control and ABS system. These cars have unitized bearings and they don’t run forever.

Check all 4 wheels since the traction control uses the rears as a reference signal since they aren’t driven. As a first check, place the car on a flat, level spot and measure the ride height to see if a corner has sagged. Measure the fender lip to the bottom of the wheel rim and compare fronts left to right and rears left to right. You are looking for a sagged or broken spring. Oddly enough, that will cause a ABS false as you slow from about 6mph to a stop.

Next, lift each corner under the control arm and try to rock the top and bottom of the tire. Any movement or play in the wheel is a fail. If neither of these shows a fault, you need to go to a garage that has the ABS diagnostic reader so you can look for the noisey sensor.