Tracking Cookies

“ghostery” , a nice free add-on to your browser will be happy to work in the background and block all the tracking cookies while it displays them for a few seconds so you can see who/what is interested in your activities…After it installs (a few seconds) you must set it up to block the cookies you want blocked by group. I just checked them all…

I like Chrome because it has few add-ons. When I started using it, it was much faster than Firefox, which had become so bloated. While it might be OK now, I have no reason to change.

The cookies as mentioned by caddyman and myself are not going to influence much loading speed, adblock in firefox will.

The need to delete Firefox and reinstall it was according to my own experience when I deleted history and then changed back from Suggest “Nothing” to Suggest “History” to see what would show up on the URL bar when a site was typed in. For me, Firefox did not delete all of the History. Firefox should have had nothing to suggest but it did. Removing and reinstalling Firefox put an end to the suggested sites when typing in a URL.

Wha Who:
As others have noted, you don’t need to remove Firefox to remove the “suggest url” history. The file with those records is contained in your browser’s profile data directory. For Firefox, it doesn’t get deleted when you delete your history.

I forgot the name of that specific file, but you can remove - which will clear your “url suggestions” and start anew. If my memory serves me correctly, it’s not a file readable by normal Microsoft editors, (but it still can be edited for those who enjoy low-level hacking).

Joe, you said: For Firefox, it (URL History) doesn’t get deleted when you delete your history."

I agree!

When you use the firefox feature to delete not all history is deleted. No one said any different.

HOWEVER you can go to the folder and delete the file manually. You don’t NOT have to take the drastic step of uninstalling firefox.

Mike or asecular: What is the name of the folder?

Mike or asecular: What is the name of the folder?

What operating system you working with. Microsoft keeps changing it every new version.

Windows XP.

I found a program that claims to delete Firefox internet history but removing and reinstalling Firefox is easy for me. It needs to be done only once after a person learns of the Firefox settings that will not remember History. Perhaps others might like to remove the file of which you and asecular speak rather than remove and reinstall Firefox so as to not lose Bookmarks or else save and retrieve them.

http://helpanswer.com/how-to-delete-internet-history/