Towing an all wheel drive car

I was towed in the Boston are because I’d parked it the street on a street cleaning day.

The cal was towed by hook i believe. I know it wasn’t on a flatbed. I heard the noise, ran outside and it was being hooked up. They wouldn’t unhook it.

I called a freind and went after it. It was in a lot about five miles away. I paid for it, got it out. It hasn’t sounded right since. it whirs up and down as I accelerate and decelarate…kind of like a hot wheels toy car. Also when I back up it seems as if the back left wheel is woobly. it also seems to brake funny, it brakes slides a little, then brakes. The car is a 2005 matrix with only 32.000,00 miles on it.

could the things i said about how it runs now be related and because of the towing? can i get cecompencsed. I mean aren’t they suppose to tow a car knowing how to tow that model correctly?

Excuse some of the spelling errors. I can’t change them now. Em.

He wouldn’t take it off the tow truck when you arrived? That to me qualifies as stealing my car. This is why everyone should conceal carry. If you flashed your .45 I bet he’d take it off…

You should talk to your insurance company. Any damage might be covered. If there is any damage from towing and you are covered, the insurance company will go after the towing company. If this doesn’t work out, contact the Mayor’s office and ask who to talk to.

Certain vehicles cannot be towed for more than the shortest distance because driveline damage will occur. All Towing companies know the approved method of moving every automobile.

Work through your insurance company NOT THE TOW SERVICE!
Your Insurance company has lawyers and everything to take care of you.
Do not begin any repairs without the insurance company’s written approval.

They will probably junk the car. You ought to get a comparable replacement, unless you have riders to your policy, blah, blah, blah.

Remember; the option of Small Claims Court.

He wouldn’t take it off the tow truck when you arrived? That to me qualifies as stealing my car. This is why everyone should conceal carry. If you flashed your .45 I bet he’d take it off…

Oh great…“everyone” would include the tow truck driver as well and we have a gun fight over a stupid car. Great advice.

As usual, I agree with dagosa.
Flashing a gun in a city, in a situation where one is not being threatened with bodily harm, is a really good way to escalate a towing problem into something much more serious. This is tantamount to throwing gasoline on a fire, IMHO.

“Flashing a gun in a city…”

Is probably a way to find out how good prison food is firsthand.

Come on now, I was half joking…